• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    At least no legal acrobatics regarding scrutiny can be used anymore, in theory, after the SCOTUS decision as of late...
    No more Intermediate Scrutiny, or stupid-silly circuit court en banc panels, in theory...

Oh, I am SURE they are going to try legal-gymnastics to get their way, but I think now, more than ever, they will get shot down.

I believe there is a LOT of stupid laws are going to be overturned now... most ricky-tick.

Last edited:

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What is yalls take on this?

View attachment 329078
    Nothing about that surprises me at all. The NRA hasn't been about protecting our rights for a long time.

Just as a reminder, they were in favor of the Trump administration going after bumpstocks.

"It’s illegal to convert a semi-automatic to a fully automatic. The ATF ought to look at this, do its job and draw a bright line," NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre said on Face the Nation.

“The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations,” read a statement issued by the powerful organization Thursday.

Last edited:

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Anybody that still supports the NRA while they have donated $13 million dollars to that douche bag Romney and previously Harry Reid is a dumbass.

Neither of them are/were reliable on advancing or protecting gun rights.

And the NRA has historically sold out gun owners. If they were as powerful as the boot lickers that support them say, we wouldn’t have the NFA, GCA, AWB, etc……..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Anybody that still supports the NRA while they have donated $13 million dollars to that douche bag Romney and previously Harry Reid is a dumbass.

Neither of them are/were reliable on advancing or protecting gun rights.

And the NRA has historically sold out gun owners. If they were as powerful as the boot lickers that support them say, we wouldn’t have the NFA, GCA, AWB, etc……..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    I have been a life member of the NRA since the 1980's and I couldn't agree with you more. I have not donated to Wayne LaPierre's wardrobe fund in many years. It makes me want to throw up thinking about the money that has been wasted by the NRA. I now donate to other organizations that have our best interests at heart. I hang on to my NRA membership because it costs me nothing and I have hopes that some day it will change for the better.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have been a life member of the NRA since the 1980's and I couldn't agree with you more. I have not donated to Wayne LaPierre's wardrobe fund in many years. It makes me want to throw up thinking about the money that has been wasted by the NRA. I now donate to other organizations that have our best interests at heart. I hang on to my NRA membership because it costs me nothing and I have hopes that some day it will change for the better.
    I think those are the sentiments of many former and current members of the NRA.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    NRA-ILA is excellent and deserves support.

The NRA aside from the ILA is garbage.
    I think you've got that exactly backwards.

The ILA is the function used by the NRA to convince us to send them money. That is what us longtime NRA supporters resent. They get it from us and spend it on WLP's suits. The Institute for Legislative Action, oddly enough, manages to support legislative action that's generally minor, meaningless, or actively antithetical to the 2A.

Everything else...
    • National matches,
    • Safety training,
    • Eddy Eagle,
    • The museums,
    • Trainer certifications,
    • Member services (a bunch of those!),
    • Range development, and
    • Much, much more
    ...are worth a great deal.

The problem is that we can't donate to those functions, only, without metaphorically buying WLP a new wardrobe.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I used to teach NRA Basic courses......until..............

The NRA got greedy and wanted a cut.....said they wanted more control of what was actually being taught in the classroom and started their online BS.......

NRA courses across the Country plummeted....it wasn't long till the NRA backtracked but it was too late, many instructors had moved on and started teaching their own or others curriculums.....

NRA instructors across the Country tried to tell the ADMIN it was a mistake, but did not listen..........

They still have not recovered from that fiasco..

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    I think you've got that exactly backwards.

The ILA is the function used by the NRA to convince us to send them money. That is what us longtime NRA supporters resent. They get it from us and spend it on WLP's suits. The Institute for Legislative Action, oddly enough, manages to support legislative action that's generally minor, meaningless, or actively antithetical to the 2A.

Everything else...
    • National matches,
    • Safety training,
    • Eddy Eagle,
    • The museums,
    • Trainer certifications,
    • Member services (a bunch of those!),
    • Range development, and
    • Much, much more
    ...are worth a great deal.

The problem is that we can't donate to those functions, only, without metaphorically buying WLP a new wardrobe.

Nope, I said it right, I’m aware of what I think, we just disagree and that’s cool.

I don’t need the NRA for any of the crap you listed. Those are distractions to me. Pointless and wasteful expenditures of member money.

Striking down laws that remove liberties is where I want my money going. You can donate explicitly to the ILA. Or you can do like I do, after I completed my lifetime NRA membership I give to other organizations like SAF and GOA. When the NRA calls me asking for money I tell them how much I give to other organizations and that I won’t give another dime until WLP is gone.

But I respect your opinion and your point of view.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Nope, I said it right, I’m aware of what I think, we just disagree and that’s cool.

I don’t need the NRA for any of the crap you listed. Those are distractions to me. Pointless and wasteful expenditures of member money.

Striking down laws that remove liberties is where I want my money going. You can donate explicitly to the ILA. Or you can do like I do, after I completed my lifetime NRA membership I give to other organizations like SAF and GOA. When the NRA calls me asking for money I tell them how much I give to other organizations and that I won’t give another dime until WLP is gone.

But I respect your opinion and your point of view.
    Ben is correct. If you understood what the NRA was founded on and for, then what he says, makes perfect sense.

You can't designate where the money goes to in regard to membership dues. The very reason many have stepped away from the NRA, comes down the WLP.

hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    Ben is correct. If you understood what the NRA was founded on and for, then what he says, makes perfect sense.

You can't designate where the money goes to in regard to membership dues. The very reason many have stepped away from the NRA, comes down the WLP.
    From my limited knowledge the NRA was founded to preserve rifle marksmanship and the matches at Creedmoor were a result. That basis has nothing to do with what I want the NRA to do, but does make for some interesting history. I bet the early matches were amazing.

The NRA has had a bit of mission creep since being founded in the late 1800’s. I think the top priority should be fighting legislation that unjustly curtails the 2nd Amendment at both the federal and state level. After that, the NRA can do whatever it wants with the membership money, even if it is for things that I think are better served by other venues.

I see an option on the donation page to choose to donate the the NRA-ILA explicitly. I would assume based on the foundations by laws that a donation ear marked for a specific purpose would go to that purpose, but I don’t know for sure that it works out that way. For all I know a percentage still goes to buying WLP a new suit and until he is gone I won’t give another dime.

Thank you for your civil comments.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The entire current NRA “SNAFU” goes back to the “Knox Revolution” and the subsequent reorganization of the NRA Board and the formation of the EVIL & undemocratic “Nominating Committee”. That made Wayne “Dictator for Life”.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The entire current NRA “SNAFU” goes back to the “Knox Revolution” and the subsequent reorganization of the NRA Board and the formation of the EVIL & undemocratic “Nominating Committee”. That made Wayne “Dictator for Life”.
    Great lesson to be learned there.

The NRA was about to completely give up on defending 2A rights. The Fudds were solidly in charge. The GCA of 1968 had recently passed with NRA acquiescence. The plans were laid to move the entire organization out of DC to somewhere in the middle of the country (to what became the Whittington Center, iirc, though I don't have hign confidence in that memory) and completely abandon American gun owners to whatever legislation the authoritarians wanted to impose.

It was a dark time for gun owners.

Then the Knox Revolution saved the NRA, tossing out many of the Fudds and scaring the organization into doing better, which it did for quite a while.

Later, the infrastructure of the NRA got slowly overturned by people worse than Fudds. We managed to wind up with folks who viewed gun control not as an evil to be fought but as a business plan. As long as they could keep us scared of gun control, they could wring more donation money out of us. It seems the NRA exists today to simply maintain the contentious status quo, not to actually win any battles. After all, if they actually won the fight against the authoritarians, then they'd no longer have a gravy train to ride.

So the NRA of today is a miniature authoritarian state by itself, ineffective at its stated goals but enriching the few people at the top.

It's going to have to rot and die completely before it reforms itself. At this point, I don't even know if that's possible.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Great lesson to be learned there.

The NRA was about to completely give up on defending 2A rights. The Fudds were solidly in charge. The GCA of 1968 had recently passed with NRA acquiescence. The plans were laid to move the entire organization out of DC to somewhere in the middle of the country (to what became the Whittington Center, iirc, though I don't have hign confidence in that memory) and completely abandon American gun owners to whatever legislation the authoritarians wanted to impose.

It was a dark time for gun owners.

Then the Knox Revolution saved the NRA, tossing out many of the Fudds and scaring the organization into doing better, which it did for quite a while.

Later, the infrastructure of the NRA got slowly overturned by people worse than Fudds. We managed to wind up with folks who viewed gun control not as an evil to be fought but as a business plan. As long as they could keep us scared of gun control, they could wring more donation money out of us. It seems the NRA exists today to simply maintain the contentious status quo, not to actually win any battles. After all, if they actually won the fight against the authoritarians, then they'd no longer have a gravy train to ride.

So the NRA of today is a miniature authoritarian state by itself, ineffective at its stated goals but enriching the few people at the top.

It's going to have to rot and die completely before it reforms itself. At this point, I don't even know if that's possible.

"EXACKERLY" !

Top Bottom