• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    W
    Just got an email from the NRA. If you want to stay in one of the official hotels, this will be of interest. I can't imagine booking some of the hotels that were offered the first time but maybe this time we'll have a shot at getting into the hotel attached to the convention center.

The salient portion reads:

I have a feeling that at the time specified you'll have to be sitting at your computer, feverishly refreshing, and prepared to fill in forms with lightning speed if you want to get decent accommodations.

Would we have opportunity for a vote of "non-confidence" on Little Wayne ?
    ARJ Defense ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Would we have opportunity for a vote of "non-confidence" on Little Wayne ?
    No.

But I'm going to wear my Golden Eagle hat and pin. According to the promises made when I paid for that status, Wayne is supposed to stop whatever he's doing when he sees a Golden Eagle and shake their hand. If he does it with me, I will definitely ask him to resign.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    It's been a while and I lost track of time. The last time I checked, you couldn't yet book hotel rooms through the NRA web site.

Well, it's open now. Lots of hotels are full but at least you can see which ones have rooms available for the negotiated rate.

I will say that at this point the last time the NRA Annual Meeting was coming to Houston, you couldn't get a close room for less than $400/night. This time around, it's easy to find rooms at less than half that rate.

Go to NRAAM.org, click on "Plan Your Trip", and select what you need from the drop-down menu.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've been to 2 of these, phoenix and Dallas. I planned on going to this one but I'm still pay for the trip to AZ for mom n laws death.

The convention/show is worth re upping my dues for the year and trip but I just cant afford it.

Some one grab me an extra bag of swag catalogs and stuff. I'll pay for your effort

Oh ask PSA folks if were ever getting the mp5 we've been waiting for.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sorry to hear that. Prayers for a speedy recovery, amigo.

Thanks. It happened in early January. She went from being wheelchair bound to using a walker in about 3 weeks (around the house). Fully retired the wheelchair in early March and using a Wheelator (basically a 4-wheeled walker). She walked into her Dr's appointment last week on the arm of her primary caretaker (who deserves the credit for her rapid recovery), and is now using the wheelator ONLY if we're going to be out for several hours at a time so she can sit if she needs/wants to.
    If you've never had a family member with a stroke, it's a humbling experience. I found out REAL quick just how ill-prepared I was, but thankfully had the sense (and resources) to be able to hire some GOOD caretakers, one of whom was a retired nurse with long experience in this kind of care. She's confident that she's going to have her fully independent in about 45 days from now. She'll still need a little help here and there perhaps, but 99% able to take care of things on her own. She knows just when - and how hard - to push her onto the "next stage". As she told me, I have to love her enough to MAKE her do the things she thinks she can't do. That's the hardest part, to be honest - you can't help but feeling "mean" when you won't assist them.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Hmm...............Houston meeting could be interesting...........

Yeah, Bloomberg....but still.............

NRA’s LaPierre Could Face Challenge From Texas GOP’s Allen West​

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Hmm...............Houston meeting could be interesting...........

Yeah, Bloomberg....but still.............

NRA’s LaPierre Could Face Challenge From Texas GOP’s Allen West​

I have seen several prominent Youtubers gun podcasters already throwing support for Allen West. This could be the year Lapierre gets ousted.

Top Bottom