• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I'm hoping the protests will be a bust. I'm working it, but I planned to go inside and visit a few vendors.

Ever since the Astroworld Fest stampede last year the dept goes overboard with even the slightest hint that something might happen.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I'm hoping the protests will be a bust. I'm working it, but I planned to go inside and visit a few vendors.

Ever since the Astroworld Fest stampede last year the dept goes overboard with even the slightest hint that something might happen.

I hope it's a bust, but I'm going to assume every dumb-ass Karen will be there holding a sign about "Guns Kill" or some shit like that.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The last time the NRAAM was here, one of the protests was a woman and no more than a half-dozen helpers reading the names of a bunch of people who had died after being shot. She read off one name and it was not a victim; it was the bad guy in a mass shooting. Someone in the crowd recognized it, called her out, and turned her protest into a complete embarrassment.

If the protests are on that level I have no worries. Mass protests are a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    Please let us know how it is. I plan on attending tomorrow and my dad is coming in from New Orleans this evening to go as well. I think I've been to the last 3 that were in Texas and I don't plan on missing this one.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The news reports I'm reading are way too light on details for me to be sure but I think this is the protest scheduled for noon today.

[ETA: Found the schedule. This one is for 1pm today.]

It will be interesting to see what happens when they do their "silent march through the building". The space available for that march will be rather limited. If there is a large number of protesters, things could get pretty tight.

Also, I won't be on time to catch the protest scheduled for 9:30(?). If anybody catches it, please post some pics and identify the group.

Last edited:

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble

Be safe and be careful.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Just got some more Intel.

1. Abbot is no longer speaking. Trump and Cruz are still appearing.

2. All musicians planned to perform have backed out.

3. Vendors are starting to back out. (Unknown which ones)

4. NRA originally expecting 80k to attend throughout the weekend. New projections are 40 -50k.

5. Possible protestors are expected to infiltrate the event.

6. Beto / BLM / teachers federation /moms demand action are planning a protest on Saturday. Projecting up to 2k protestors.

7. Video was released from a questionable HPD shooting which is resulting in a possible March on Saturday.

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Thank you for the info @andre3k ! My dad and his lady are out there. Reminded him to know his exits. He’s a former marine and 30 years as a peace officer but… friendly reminders won’t hurt. I appreciate you sir - you be safe out there too.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Thank you for the info @andre3k ! My dad and his lady are out there. Reminded him to know his exits. He’s a former marine and 30 years as a peace officer but… friendly reminders won’t hurt. I appreciate you sir - you be safe out there too.
    No problem, I'll be working all weekend and will update as I get info. I hope people still attend and have a good showing in support of the NRA despite their internal issues.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I don't have any pictures, but I just entered the exhibit hall. There is some small protester presence at the main entrance, and by main entrance I mean where you would cross into the convention center from the small park, but there are enough cops here to sink the Titanic. I just saw the guy from active self-protection, so there are some YouTube celebrities if nobody else.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I don't have any pictures, but I just entered the exhibit hall. There is some small protester presence at the main entrance, and by main entrance I mean where you would cross into the convention center from the small park, but there are enough cops here to sink the Titanic. I just saw the guy from active self-protection, so there are some YouTube celebrities if nobody else.
    Every entrance into the convention center has police as far as I can tell, but outside, on the street, there are enough media cameramen set up that you would think the pope is about to make a visit. Clearly they are hoping some leftist does something stupid so they'll have more crap to put on the evening news. Seriously, there must be two dozen cameramen lined up out there.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Every entrance into the convention center has police as far as I can tell, but outside, on the street, there are enough media cameramen set up that you would think the pope is about to make a visit. Clearly they are hoping some leftist does something stupid so they'll have more crap to put on the evening news. Seriously, there must be two dozen cameramen lined up out there.
    The protesting is a lot worse now, a friend of mine who just got back from working with Ukraine government said quote it's getting frisky...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom