• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah - been a subject of discussion for the past couple of weeks. I was asked to refrain from speaking about it until a final decision was made, and I agreed - there was already way too much speculation about it all. It stinks, but in the long run, I think it was a good decision. I'd even heard some talk about folks going just so they could infect some of the attendees. Sad reflection on the mindset of some folks nowadays.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    {insert every cuss word you know}

Extremely disappointing, to say the least. And the other thing that REALLY grinds my gears is that they didn't reschedule Houston for next year. They're going along with their plan to hold it in Louisville KY. {insert more cuss words}

Was Detroit or Newark or Compton not available? I guess there would be problems with flights into Kabul.

Louisville. Crap.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Phucking retards!

Christ almighty just jock up and quit getting scared about this shit.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Future NRA Convention Dates:
    2022 - Louisville
    2023 - Indianapolis
    2024 - Dallas
    2025 - Atlanta

I guess I'll be worm food before it comes back to Houston.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

They're going along with their plan to hold it in Louisville KY. {insert more cuss words}

Was Detroit or Newark or Compton not available? I guess there would be problems with flights into Kabul.

Louisville. Crap.

While I agree w/the disdain for the choice of cities, bear in mind that there are few choices in communities with enough convention space AND hotel rooms to handle a convention the size of the NRAAM. And these things are typically contracted out 3-5 years in advance, so there was NO way they could have just had a "do-over" for Houston next year.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I grew up in Houston and loved it. Now, though, the only reason I have gone to Houston for the last 20 plus years is to visit family. Otherwise, there are much better places to visit, shop, and relax.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX

Extremely disappointing, to say the least. And the other thing that REALLY grinds my gears is that they didn't reschedule Houston for next year. They're going along with their plan to hold it in Louisville KY. {insert more cuss words}

Louisville. Crap.
    What no Cutnshoot? Louisville was nice when I visited.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    If Cut N Shoot had a big enough hall, I would much prefer it over any of the cities scheduled to have meetings.

Louisville nice?!? Last time I drove through the area they were having riots.
    I drove through Louisville on my way to my daughter competition in Ohio and it was an allright city and loved visiting the Slugger stadium.

festering

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    sw houston
    Yeah - been a subject of discussion for the past couple of weeks. I was asked to refrain from speaking about it until a final decision was made, and I agreed - there was already way too much speculation about it all. It stinks, but in the long run, I think it was a good decision. I'd even heard some talk about folks going just so they could infect some of the attendees. Sad reflection on the mindset of some folks nowadays.
    The Post office must be real slow, my admission badge came in the mail today.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    If Cut N Shoot had a big enough hall, I would much prefer it over any of the cities scheduled to have meetings.
    Doesn't Cut and Shoot have that big flea market area? Would have more than enough space for all the vendors. Of course that's not posh enough for the NRA types :laughing:

Top Bottom