Target Sports

NRA 2023 Directors ballot must be rcvd by Mar 26 - who to vote for ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Wrong. It was filed by the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association.

I can tell you from personal experience that the NRA lagged far behind its membership in fighting for our rights.

They were still clinging to their target shooting origins in the 1960s and 1970s. Result - 1968 GCA.

They were still clinging to their target shooting origins and added support for FUDD hunters in the 1980s and 1990s. Result - Clinton AWB.

"Support" for CCW didn't come into existence until the late 1990s, and "support" for EBRs didn't come into existence until the 2000s, when WLP figured the money would come flooding in.

I know who filed the case....The NRA backed it financially was the point.....and to my knowledge is the only case recently the NRA actually was actively involved with.....not waving the NRA banner.....

And you are also correct about the Fudds running the NRA.........

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    So, let's recap:
    • Of all of the current nominees for director, none are worth investing in. Not a single one.
    • It's all Wayne's fault. The innocent membership was in no way complicit in the rot.
    • Nothing the NRA does, has done, or may do in the future is worth squat. Wayne is a traitor!
    • Everyone wants to be recognized for being in favor of burning the NRA's village, raping their women, and scattering the ashes of the vanquished gun lobby in the public square of American politics.
    • Fudds gonna Fudd. Haters gonna hate.
    Does that pretty well sum it up? :)

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    So, let's recap:
    • Of all of the current nominees for director, none are worth investing in. Not a single one.
    • It's all Wayne's fault. The innocent membership was in no way complicit in the rot.
    • Nothing the NRA does, has done, or may do in the future is worth squat. Wayne is a traitor!
    • Everyone wants to be recognized for being in favor of burning the NRA's village, raping their women, and scattering the ashes of the vanquished gun lobby in the public square of American politics.
    • Fudds gonna Fudd. Haters gonna hate.
    Does that pretty well sum it up? :)

You forgot "The NRA never participates in the fight, but it always takes the credit.".....

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I'm not going to waste a stamp.
    I'll be damned. I was going to agree with others / suggest do a write in, leave the ballot blank or scribble a choicely worded message and send it because postage is pre-paid. But they dropped that this year which is just another indication of funding woes.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I'll be damned. I was going to agree with others / suggest do a write in, leave the ballot blank or scribble a choicely worded message and send it because postage is pre-paid. But they dropped that this year which is just another indication of funding woes.
    They got their funding from my life membership. If that had been properly used there would be no need to continually ask for more funding.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    They got their funding from my life membership. If that had been properly used there would be no need to continually ask for more funding.
    Life --> Endowment --> Patron, although none at full price, so you're preaching to the choir. Not another penny until WLP is gone!

Top Bottom