• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Funny thing is that the GOVERNMENT makes more money on cigarettes than anybody else.

If you remember, Hillary Clinton's proposed healthcare plan was supposed to be largely funded by increased taxes on tobacco.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Cut nicotine, people will buy more as it is an addiction. More poor people nicotine deprived hit the streets.
    Hardest thing I ever did was quit and I could have hurt people in the process. Rich people can afford to buy as much as they need.
    Quitting was easy, I did it several times. One day though I just walked away, no gum, patches, vapes, etc. just quit. That was over 40 years ago and today, the smell of cigarette smoke nearly causes me to become ill.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Less nicotine just means more sold. Everybody wins but the consumer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tom Hanks Forest Gump GIF - TomHanks ForestGump SheTasteLikeCigarettes GIFs

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Quitting was easy, I did it several times. One day though I just walked away, no gum, patches, vapes, etc. just quit. That was over 40 years ago and today, the smell of cigarette smoke nearly causes me to become ill.
    Quitting is easy for some and harder for others. I quit when I retired, or course being on after surgery medications did make it easier. I still miss it at times.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Quitting is easy for some and harder for others. I quit when I retired, or course being on after surgery medications did make it easier. I still miss it at times.
    I missed it for a few years actually but I never gave in. Always did like to chew, not dip but wife put a stop to that. When I was a kid I was working as a hay hauler for a big haying operation. We were baling a section of prairie for an old gentleman named Gus Sylvester. First day he came out to the job and said "boys if you won't smoke in my haybarn I will buy you all the tobacco you can chew" I said "put me down for two sacks of Red Man" I was always out by quitting time and there was always more in the morning. On our high school baseball team one pitcher and I (catcher) chewed. One day at practice most of the team decided they would like to try it. You never saw so much puking in your life.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Agreed, this is nothing but greed. If they water it down, consumers will need to buy more to get more.
    What's next? Watering down alcohol? Removing marijuana from pot? Cutting coke with sugar?
    SMH
    Effin' libtard morons. And just to think that people elected them voluntarily. Shows how stupid our nation has become. The whole world is laughing at us.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I tried BULL Of The Woods when I was about 12 or 13. After swallowing a mouthful of tobacco juice I quit the same day I started. Never tried it again in 60 years.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    I tried BULL Of The Woods when I was about 12 or 13. After swallowing a mouthful of tobacco juice I quit the same day I started. Never tried it again in 60 years.
    Was managing projects in a refinery in Louisiana. Construction meetings would sometimes go 2 hours. Rep from one major contractor chewed the entire time and never spit once. Now that was a man.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    If they reduce the nicotine to almost 0 mg, most smokers will find an alternative to cigs. Cigars, pipes, dip, e-cigarettes, etc., not gum or patches. And it would have to be 0 mg or very near to be non addictive.
    War on drugs? When ever I hear War on Anything I just shake my head. Hell the government can't even win a real fricking war. So the War on Cigarettes is doomed to failure just like the real wars of the last half of the 20th century and early 21st century.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Article says they are considering banning menthol cigarettes too. Go for it! That’ll be the funniest thing. I wanna see the menthol smokers upset at Biden and then the spin to blame repubs.

Top Bottom