• ...and so much more!
  • Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    You all have to understand the facts in play here. With Delta and Omicron having killed nearly everyone, the people who were not slaughtered by gunfire since constitutionally gauruanteed carry took place there are no people left to apply for a carry permit.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    We noticed a big drop off in classes before I retired....but still had enough folks wanting to actually have the laws explained to them to fill a couple classes a month......

Just like the vaxx....I support the Right to say No thanks.............or yes..............

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Like others, I’ll renew mine when it’s due. Still perks with the LTC as others have said- ease of purchase, reciprocity when traveling, plus it’s a testament that I’ve gone through all the checks and that I’m one of the good guys. Besides, I’ve done the time and expense to get the LTC in the first place. Why throw that away for a few dollars?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Renewing mine next year, it shows I'm a responsible gun owner.

Who does it show that a LTC makes you a responsible gun owner ?

The class is a JOKE so anyone who has taken the class knows how worthless it is.

Anti gun people would not care if you had a full bachelors degree in gun handling you are still a crazy gun owner and out to kill indiscriminately.

I guess it could be a cool badge to show friends who are not gun savvy and impress them.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy

The class is a JOKE so anyone who has taken the class knows how worthless it is.

Anti gun people would not care if you had a full bachelors degree in gun handling you are still a crazy gun owner and out to kill indiscriminately.

I guess it could be a cool badge to show friends who are not gun savvy and impress them.
    Because my background was checked!

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX

At least the class I had filtered out some of the duds - such as two individuals who could not load/unload their firearms and some who did not pass the written test.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    At least the class I had filtered out some of the duds - such as two individuals who could not load/unload their firearms and some who did not pass the written test.

in the class I took I recall 2 shooters that repeatedly missed the paper target and I don't recall them being booted so assume they still passed.

Not sure if an instructor would "shame" them or just let them know in private they failed.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Background checks make you a responsible gun owner? I guess we need full universal background checks, the elimination of private face to face transactions, the banning of home-built guns (you know, because no background check if you build it yourself) and full on registration - that would make us all more responsible, right?

What about all the other background checks I've already gone through, that were arguably a lot more intrusive and thorough than the NICS check? Would those count towards responsibility? I've had more than one background check run on me by the feebs, and assorted state LE agencies - does this make me a super responsible gun owner, or because it wasn't for a gun purchase or permit, it doesn't count?

It shows you how much of a privilege, not a right the 2A is I guess when people are so willing to ask the state for permission to exercise a so-called right, then lambast others who don't want to play that game.

Nothing in the constitution or bill of rights says anything about someone having to have training or special permission slips to exercise one's God given rights. The 2A mentions a well regulated militia - the term at the time meant a well equipped and well trained militia - but the phrase also goes on to say said militia is necessary for the security of a free state - nothing about one's individual needs or requirements. Power hungry politicians and racist, classist people put permitting schemes and weapon prohibitions in place. Power mad politicians that didn't want poor people or colored folk having the ability to be armed and resist the abuse levied against them.

Every prohibition against one's right to self defense is based in racism, socioeconomic classism, and the thirst for authoritarian control by a single person or handful of people. Can't let the poors have the ability to defend themselves from the King's servants, or even from criminals who keep the masses frightened and begging for more security. The NFA of 1934 levied a $200 tax on certain classes of weapons - those arguably the most effective sort at keeping government abusers in check - which in 1934 was a massive amount of money. Even in today's economy - a lot of people won't or can't afford to pay $200 just to have a 15.9 inch or less barrel on their rifle, or to muffle the noise coming out the working end. And god help you if you want a machine gun - the restrictions on those have driven the price of a $500 gun toward $50,000. Because we can't have the masses armed with the same weapons the military would have, of course.

There are a lot of people walking around with licenses to carry who really have no idea what they're doing with a gun, they just sat thru the classes and squeaked by to get the permit.

Then you have other states that don't require classes for their permission slips - just some paperwork and giving the King his due. Are those less responsible because they didn't take a 4 hour class?

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    The only reason to have an LTC now is for out of state travel and maybe saving yourself 10-15 minutes on a background check. Other than that, it's pointless. And the argument of saying someone with an LTC is well educated and therefore better off is compete bull. There are way too many people walking around with an LTC who couldn't field strip a gun if asked. Who can't properly draw and re-holster. Hell, half of the instructors themselves are ignorant of current laws and restrictions.

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    I will keep renewing mine until I die. I have many reasons for doing so, but the reason at the top of my list is putting LEO at ease. I don't get stopped often (the last time was 5 or so years ago) but I like seeing the officer relax when I show my LTC.

I also like the fact that my bank and my employer allow me to carry if I have my LTC.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    In my class, during the shooting portion, in the first group (there was 60 people in my LTC class) a guy nearly tore his thumb off because of how he was holding his gun, he did not complete the course and had to be driven out in an ambulance.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom