• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Not to be Captain Obvious, but I found not breaking the traffic laws, I didn't get stopped, much less ticketed.
    You should ask my wife. And mother. And most of my family, except me. They all agree with you.

Personally, I find that if I only speed on highways, outside of city limits, and treat the officers with the utmost courtesy, while displaying genuine contrition and admitting my guilt, that I am ticketed less than 10% of the time I'm pulled over for speeding in places that any reasonable human being would find the posted speed limits laughable.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    You should ask my wife. And mother. And most of my family, except me. They all agree with you.

Personally, I find that if I only speed on highways, outside of city limits, and treat the officers with the utmost courtesy, while displaying genuine contrition and admitting my guilt, that I am ticketed less than 10% of the time I'm pulled over for speeding in places that any reasonable human being would find the posted speed limits laughable.
    So we all should pick and choose which laws and when we should abide by them?

Wow!

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I will keep mine due to crossing state lines. The not having to run a background check is a perk as well. Other than that I probably wouldn't renew. I never thought the LTC range portion was near enough to prove how competent you were with a firearm due to the number of people who passed who shouldn't have. Each to their own.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    This is just one thing that needs fixing with the permitless carry law - doing away with the other restrictions on location also needs fixed. Its a bullshit second-class citizen type system for those who elect not to pay the king his dues to exercise a right.

So, you think it is OK for the government to dictate what happens on private property?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The time I have saved by having the LTC more than makes up for the time and cost of maintaining it. The only place it does not save time is at the BX. I have been told that is because the base commander decided the local BX can't accept the LTC in place of the call. Does anyone know if that is true or not?

Federal property, doesn't have to abide by state laws...

For the few that work on Lackland like myself, there is an effort in place to allow individuals to keep firearms in their vehicles on base.

Not sure if that requires a LTC, but if so it's another reason to have one!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Since nobody asked...I'm keeping mine for several reasons.

Yes, it may have an impact when pulled over for a traffic violation (although it didn't the last time I was stopped, nor did being in military uniform and having a SAPD ID! F***ing white hats!).

Secondly, it's required for reciprocity when carrying in other states. For those of us who regularly travel, that's important.

Thirdly, as more businesses figure out the new laws, it will allow carrying in establishments were permitless carry is not permitted.

Fourthly, it does save a background check when purchasing from a FFL (not that I do so much of that anymore). For private sales, it puts some sellers at ease seeing the buyer has a LTC. I only draw the line at a BOS.

Lastly, as just stated, it may needed to legally keep a weapon in one's vehicle on JBSA installations. While that's the 502 ABW/CC's policy and not a violation of Federal law as claimed (referencing the 18 USC §930 signs at the Lackland gates), it will be smart to fulfill all requirements to abide by that policy as a violation could result in a loss of on-base driving privileges directly impacting some's ability to work and bring home a paycheck.

So, while I applaud the states decision to allow Constitutional carry (and yes, you can thank Gov Abbott for that!), for many of us the decision to maintain our LTCs is a wise one!

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    You don't need a passport to go into Canada...
    Actually after 9-11 we required Canadians to have a passport to get into the US, so they returned the favor. Unless that has been lifted , which it may have because I haven't been back there in a lot of years, it still applies.

Top Bottom