• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    who thinks Biden/Harris will not initiate a gun buyback program, but instead just limit the amount of ammo you can buy. It is a method already in place worldwide.
    I think it has already begun. I can't help but think that someway the dems are behind this shortage. Somehow limiting production. That, in addition to the other 3 factors.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Probably the wrong place to bring this up but... who thinks Biden/Harris will not initiate a gun buyback program, but instead just limit the amount of ammo you can buy. It is a method already in place worldwide.
    I think they might revive the attempt to classify lead as a toxic material. That alone would crater ammo production.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Probably the wrong place to bring this up but... who thinks Biden/Harris will not initiate a gun buyback program, but instead just limit the amount of ammo you can buy. It is a method already in place worldwide.

The rest of the world doesn't have that little law that states, "...shall not be infringed"

The supreme court is stacked the way we want it for now. It's going to be a hard argument to state that limiting ammo doesn't infringe on the right to bear arms.

But I'm sure whatever he/she tries will all be "reasonable" control or limitations. That's what they always claim.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I think they might revive the attempt to classify lead as a toxic material. That alone would crater ammo production.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    During the Obama administration they shut down the major (only?) lead refining plant in the U.S. Plus, they had previously stopped/limited importation of certain ammunition.

Of course, our benevolent government will always have as much ammunition as they need - on our dime.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    During the Obama administration they shut down the major (only?) lead refining plant in the U.S. Plus, they had previously stopped/limited importation of certain ammunition.

Of course, our benevolent government will always have as much ammunition as they need - on our dime.
    I thought I SMELT something funny.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I agree. My local gun store will only sell you ammo if you buy a gun, and only in a limited quantity in the same caliber as the gun.

Some customers are pissed off about it. I have no problem with it, and I actually think it’s a good business decision. This store is trying to pay the bills and keep the doors open, so they do what they have to. I would do the same.

And most of those pissed off customers were probably buying their ammo at Walmart, Academy and online before this shortage started.

It's unfortunate, but I think it's more than just supply and demand. What else was on his shelves to sell? Ammo is hard to get, firearms are hard to get, everything these stores typically sell is out of stock, so their sales volume has dropped to the floor because they don't have anything to sell.

But rent doesn't go down. The light bill, alarm bill, web hosting, phone bill, insurance, etc. don't go down either. Ask what their overall sales for the month was this month compared to a year ago and do the math. The bills didn't go away, just the supply of stuff he had to sell to pay the bills.

The only places I've seen that have anything in stock are selling at inflated prices, and they're still selling some.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

If lead becomes too scarce, there are alternative materials to make bullets with.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    A LGS had 223 55 PMC in.

they wanted 25$ plus tax for 20 round boxes.

I passed, no fucking way. If it was 15 dollars I would have night 2 boxes.
    Not a chance in hell am I going to pay that for generic 223, not even 556 m193.
    I like that store, but that was horse shit and they know it.
    Know of somewhere cheaper? The LGS is a rube if they don't sell for market value...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    It also manages to bypass 2A since it is not a right to supply ammo
    Ammo is arms...

Hell thermal and GEN 3 NV is too...

Arms = more than boomsticks

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    Know of somewhere cheaper? The LGS is a rube if they don't sell for market value...

Yes, private sales are currently cheaper.
    It’s not the point, don’t sell something for 300% increase with no tangible benefit other then ownership. Every time a scare happens this happens, and chances are 1 year from now we will be back to old prices.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Yes, private sales are currently cheaper.
    It’s not the point, don’t sell something for 300% increase with no tangible benefit other then ownership. Every time a scare happens this happens, and chances are 1 year from now we will be back to old prices.
    So it 299% ok? I just don't get your point. If you can get it cheaper somewhere why complain about someone asking more than you are willing to pay? If you can't find it cheaper, why is that the sellers fault buyers are buying all they can?

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    So far, the highest price I have seen for .223 is $2.75 per round. Granted that was 77 gr. Sierra Match King HPBT but still, that's approaching .50 Cal BMG prices.

Top Bottom