No surprise, the ammo shortage is not ending anytime soon

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
A LGS had 223 55 PMC in.

they wanted 25$ plus tax for 20 round boxes.

I passed, no fucking way. If it was 15 dollars I would have night 2 boxes.
Not a chance in hell am I going to pay that for generic 223, not even 556 m193.
I like that store, but that was horse shit and they know it.
Know of somewhere cheaper? The LGS is a rube if they don't sell for market value...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
Probably the wrong place to bring this up but... who thinks Biden/Harris will not initiate a gun buyback program, but instead just limit the amount of ammo you can buy. It is a method already in place worldwide.
It also manages to bypass 2A since it is not a right to supply ammo
Ammo is arms...

Hell thermal and GEN 3 NV is too...

Arms = more than boomsticks

Spcwolf

Apr 16, 2013
Conroe tx
Know of somewhere cheaper? The LGS is a rube if they don't sell for market value...

Yes, private sales are currently cheaper.
It’s not the point, don’t sell something for 300% increase with no tangible benefit other then ownership. Every time a scare happens this happens, and chances are 1 year from now we will be back to old prices.

cycleguy2300

Well-Known
Mar 19, 2010
Austin, Texas
Yes, private sales are currently cheaper.
It’s not the point, don’t sell something for 300% increase with no tangible benefit other then ownership. Every time a scare happens this happens, and chances are 1 year from now we will be back to old prices.
So it 299% ok? I just don't get your point. If you can get it cheaper somewhere why complain about someone asking more than you are willing to pay? If you can't find it cheaper, why is that the sellers fault buyers are buying all they can?

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Georgetown
So far, the highest price I have seen for .223 is $2.75 per round. Granted that was 77 gr. Sierra Match King HPBT but still, that's approaching .50 Cal BMG prices.

Top Bottom