• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Need I say, handload! I've got more ammo for all my guns than I can shoot in my lifetime. The initial investment may be a little high but I'm glad I did it many years ago.
    Won't do any good since primers are unobtanium also. I've got a reloading setup and can find bullets and powder, but not primers.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Wish my high school had offered a class on reloading,
    I took ‘boys food’, and learned how to make an apple pie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I started reloading while I waist high school. Other then my dad showing me how to read a caliper everything else was from the reloading manual.

Hopefully you learned a couple of things
    1) You can reload without a class
    2) Put money away for when you can buy quantities.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Won't do any good since primers are unobtanium also. I've got a reloading setup and can find bullets and powder, but not primers.

Yup.

Yeah, but I have generally bought more than I need (years ago & they don't go bad, especially primers) when I went shopping for bullets, etc.,

That's fine in normal times but if you weren't already reloading, it's too late to stock up now.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    While the ammo companies are cranking out all they can, this $1 billion claim is inflated. What I mean by that is during the last ammo shortage, almost every company, from Mom & Pop to ranges to big box stores inflated their "needs" hence padding their orders. If they only need 3k round a week for their range to operate under normal circumstances, they are putting in orders for 10x that in hopes of getting what they need. I guarantee if the ammo manufacturers were able to fill a lot of the orders they have on the books, most businesses would not take the amount on their order, mainly due to not enough working capital or not needing as much as they order. When I worked for a range, the owner put in an order for ammo totaling over 4 million dollars. He was hoping to get a fraction of that. In time the shortage will level off and everything will be back to normal :)

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    There's a small/medium sized ammunition manufacturer near me who I purchase from occasionally.
    When I stopped in there a couple of days ago I was told they are 3.5 MILLION rounds behind on 9mm.
    They can't get components. Mainly primers.

Top Bottom