• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    I looked at Sec. 411.209 and it says "WRONGFUL EXCLUSION OF HANDGUN LICENSE HOLDER", no mention of a 30.06/07, only exclusion by the state agency. This should have been part of the contract with the fair that they could not exclude LTC owners but it seems to me that the City of Dallas should be the defendant in this case and be subject to the fine by allowing the State Fair to ban LTC holders and the ban was written and oral notice, not 30.06/07 signage.
    A local gun show at a city owned center in my community had a similar no gun allowed notice with 30.06/07 notice and when I contacted the city manager the signs were removed. My point of this is that the Fair can do anything they want unless the government agency bans that action and it should be in their contract.
    In this case the failure is the City of Dallas and they should be fined.
    At least I think I read that correctly.
    Yes, this.

All these appeals were on the request for an inunction to force the City of Dallas to make the Fair comply with the requirement that they not exclude LTC on government property, while the case was being tried. Now AG will have to try the case and appeal the inevitable bad lower court rulings to eventually be able to apply the $1000 day fine to the City. So in 2032 when this is finally adjudicated, maybe Dallas will have to pay the fine. Then in 2033 session the Legislature will get right on this... :rolleyes:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    The horribly written Charles Cotton law says if it is .gov property you cannot be charged with 30.06/07. If you do it is $1000 per violation or some such as stated elsewhere in code.

SO SFOT says it is not going to charge anybody under 30.06/07 cause the have metal detectors at the gates and gun owners will just be turned away. The law does not cover this situation.
    Go in unarmed, have buddy pass 2 pistols over, under or through the fence. Friend then enters unarmed and you meet up and hand him his gun...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Go in unarmed, have buddy pass 2 pistols over, under or through the fence. Friend then enters unarmed and you meet up and hand him his gun...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Passing it through the fence is probably how the dipshit that fired the shots inside the fair last year got a gun. Might as well have law abiding people do it too. Especially since they stated they're not using 30.06 to bar entry...apparently, they just don't want you to walk through the gate with a firearm. After that, it's nobody's business, right?

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    It just needs to be settled permanently so we can exercise our own gun control. We all know guns are not the problem

Pdyson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    It bad enough that Dallas District Court Judge Emily Tobolowsky denied the injunction filed in August by Paxton's office. It was the 15th court of appeals that upheld her decision. Saying there wasn’t enough evidence to show any laws would be broken.

Paxton was beat by an interim city manager with help from anti gun Judges.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    It bad enough that Dallas District Court Judge Emily Tobolowsky denied the injunction filed in August by Paxton's office. It was the 15th court of appeals that upheld her decision. Saying there wasn’t enough evidence to show any laws would be broken.

Paxton was beat by an interim city manager with help from anti gun Judges.
    I'm sure Judge Emily has something worthy of AG investigation.....

...why should the Dems have all the fun?

Top Bottom