Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    “This Court cannot possibly order the State Fair to allow handguns to be carried at this year’s Fair when the party seeking that relief does not even argue that Texas law obligates the Fair to do so,” Blacklock said in the opinion.

He cant be serious.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    He cant be serious.
    IMG_3600.jpeg

carlson1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    I would hope not, but it almost seems that AG Paxton intentionally did write a significant enough brief by not including the law. I would hope he didn’t intentionally do that. Someone had suggested when this first started that AG Paxton would not follow through. That it was optics for votes and even may be trying for a place on President Trump’s administration.

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    My understanding of the law (which is minimal) is that the violation of the law is the City of Dallas which should have not allowed the state fair to have the no gun policy. Any fines would be paid by Dallas not the fair. Correct me if I am wrong.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    My understanding of the law (which is minimal) is that the violation of the law is the City of Dallas which should have not allowed the state fair to have the no gun policy. Any fines would be paid by Dallas not the fair. Correct me if I am wrong.

The horribly written Charles Cotton law says if it is .gov property you cannot be charged with 30.06/07. If you do it is $1000 per violation or some such as stated elsewhere in code.

SO SFOT says it is not going to charge anybody under 30.06/07 cause the have metal detectors at the gates and gun owners will just be turned away. The law does not cover this situation.

Top Bottom