• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    the Bosnians are pumping out rounds as fast as they can.. IGMAN has been working 24 hour shifts only stopping for maintenance checks. This was before the Russian ban. Remington has only been back up less than 90 days. I'm wondering if they will make a dent in this ammo market.
    That was my latest haul, 2,000 rounds of Igman and Belom. Can't justify anymore at this price until it comes down, hopefully I won't regret not getting more.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Buy what you can now in reloading supplies. Save your brass, clean your brass, buy dies,press, etc. As things come back add supplies, so they sit on the shelf, lots you can start with now. I have dies and supplies for guns I don’t own yet.
    Understand that this also appears to cover primers. So, the primers (like Tula) that are used by many of the common US ammo makers are now even harder to get. So, reloading is good only so long as you can get primers.

SKS_Fanboy93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    McKinney
    Someone else probably already said it (I didn't read all 13 pages of posts) but manufacturers in other countries will undoubtedly see the vacuum left in the market and move to fill it. We already get steel cased stuff from Ukraine and Romania and pretty decent, cheap brass cased ammo from Serbia, Bosnia, Poland, Hungary, South Korea, Taiwan, etc. They will ramp up production to fill the cheap ammo void, but it will take a few years most likely (especially for odd/less popular calibers like 7.62x25).

Also, I'd be willing to bet that manufacturers in Russia like Ulyanovsk, Barnaul, and Vympel will either export ammunition components to an intermediary country (like maybe Latvia?) and manufacture the finished cartridges there, or simply open manufacturing plants elsewhere.

We will see the cheap ammo return, but there will probably be less steel cased stuff and more cheap brass available, which isn't a bad thing in my book. And that's coming from a guy who buys bought like 90% Russian made ammo.

SKS_Fanboy93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    McKinney
    That was my latest haul, 2,000 rounds of Igman and Belom. Can't justify anymore at this price until it comes down, hopefully I won't regret not getting more.
    Shot any of that Igman or Belom yet? I'd be interested to know how clean it runs and how it groups for you.
    I've had good experiences with PPU ammo from Serbia (except for their 9x19mm JHPs).

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Shot any of that Igman or Belom yet? I'd be interested to know how clean it runs and how it groups for you.
    I've had good experiences with PPU ammo from Serbia (except for their 9x19mm JHPs).
    I have not gotten out to shoot it yet. I've been meaning to plan a good day trip to run a few new guns, just too much going on lately.

Have you seen the new PPU M67 clone stuff? https://globalordnance.com/global-ordnance-7-62x39mm-123-grain-fmj-brass-case-20-round-box/?afmc=1h

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Sucks for us locally that shoot steel case Monarch as that's all from Barnaul as well.

At least I'm well stocked in .22. I think that's all I'm going to be shooting for a long while.

SKS_Fanboy93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    McKinney
    I have not gotten out to shoot it yet. I've been meaning to plan a good day trip to run a few new guns, just too much going on lately.

Have you seen the new PPU M67 clone stuff? https://globalordnance.com/global-ordnance-7-62x39mm-123-grain-fmj-brass-case-20-round-box/?afmc=1h
    Interesting... once all this Serbian/Bosnian brass goes back down to a more normal price, I might just switch over. $6-7 a box I can live with. I do miss the days when I could get steel cased x39 for $2 and change though.

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    Also, I'd be willing to bet that manufacturers in Russia like Ulyanovsk, Barnaul, and Vympel will either export ammunition components to an intermediary country (like maybe Latvia?) and manufacture the finished cartridges there, or simply open manufacturing plants elsewhere.
    I hate being all doom and gloom, but from what I understand of the new embargo, and from what other knowledgeable people on Youtube (2A edu and Gun News and Reviews) have said, any component used to manufacture arms and ammunition that have origins in Russia are banned. Russia could start shipping their raw materials to secondary sites outside of Russia but any already processed items (cases, projectiles, barrels) would still fall under the ban. Hopefully someone will correct me if I have my info wrong, but if not it’s a no-go on loading up the trucks and moving them across the border to import to the U. S.

It also doesn’t help that many old eastern bloc companies have let their factories go to hell, or have not tooled their machines to manufacture “old” calibers like 7.62x39. The Russians still use it, but not in large numbers. I guess the only good thing is that the proliferation of AKs around the world has kept the caliber in demand compared to an 8mm Mauser, for example. If not for those high numbers out in the world, we would really be in trouble For the foreseeable future.

To be blunt this is going to be a long haul, so don’t expect Serbia, Poland, or Latvia to turn on a dime and start pumping this stuff out, even if they do have some shadowy Russian benefactor(s) aid them. I’m guessing it will be at least two years before any comm-bloc country starts pushing out high numbers of cheap steel or brass cased ammo that is safe to use, and then some time to get import permits, assuming the a-holes in DC allow it. They could just as easily say no to “x” caliber and there’s nothing we could do about it. I hope I’m wrong about that, but…

/edit/: I left this out last night. The other big issue on our side is U. S. manufacturers are 1-2 years behind on NATO caliber orders, so the x39’s and Makarovs of the world will not be coming in bulk from us to us anytime soon. Again, I would love to be proven wrong, but I don’t think so. Load up while you can.

Last edited:

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    Looks like PSA will be stepping in, who knows how long this will take to get set up, it's a start though.

Based on a post from 2a edu on YouTube:

he spoke with PSA and they are looking at 2023. Also according to him, PSA is going to build a new facility so that is why it is taking so long.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Has PSA made ammo before?
    Nope, according to the video they will be bringing in the people with the know how though. I would be curious to know who this Eastern European agency is. I would guess they are one of the well known brands that we are already using that don't want to lose their slice of the pie. It would be a great business opportunity for them to be established here in the states. I have a feeling this is a collaboration and not just PSA going it alone, pure speculation on my part, I just kind of feel it. We'll just have to see what actually transpires, lots of plans don't always pull through, keeping my fingers crossed. Got to love the attitude of PSA at any rate.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nope, according to the video they will be bringing in the people with the know how though. I would be curious to know who this Eastern European agency is. I would guess they are one of the well known brands that we are already using that don't want to lose their slice of the pie. It would be a great business opportunity for them to be established here in the states. I have a feeling this is a collaboration and not just PSA going it alone, pure speculation on my part, I just kind of feel it. We'll just have to see what actually transpires, lots of plans don't always pull through, keeping my fingers crossed. Got to love the attitude of PSA at any rate.
    I don't know a ton about where all the different ammo makers are located, but I think some of the 7.62x39 we had been getting was made in Ukraine. S&B is in the Czech Republic, and they make some (brass case) 7.62x39. It would be interesting to see if maybe they're wanting to expand their market. It would be a smart move if they can keep the ammo cheap enough and can get into the market fast enough. They really wouldn't have that much competition from US manufactures. At least not for a few years. They're all too busy trying to keep up with their current orders.

surevaliance

Make Glockarev happen!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    AZ
    Putin’s enemy Alexei Navalny died in prison after 300 days in solitary confinement.
    “In today's Russia, free spirits are sent to the Gulag and condemned to death. Anger and indignation.
    I pay tribute to the memory of Alexei Navalny, his dedication, his courage. My thoughts go out to his family, loved ones, and to the Russian people.”
    - Emmanuel Macron

Last edited:

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Putin’s enemy Alexei Navalny died in prison after 300 days in solitary confinement.
    “In today's Russia, free spirits are sent to the Gulag and condemned to death. Anger and indignation.
    I pay tribute to the memory of Alexei Navalny, his dedication, his courage. My thoughts go out to his family, loved ones, and to the Russian people.”
    - Emmanuel Macron

So, no more cheap Russian ammo from Navalny Putin Buster Ammo, LLC?

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    SO glad i scored that molot vepr (bottom) and just in time, for $1200 ;)
    1000001633.png

Top Bottom