• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dennisz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country)
    Since the Alamo Dome is owned by the City of San Antonio, how can they blanket disallow firearms? I know there are certain events that are not allowed, such as sporting events, but how would something like a Home and Garden show make firearms prohibited? is this another case of overreach by the leaders in SA?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Since the Alamo Dome is owned by the City of San Antonio, how can they blanket disallow firearms? I know there are certain events that are not allowed, such as sporting events, but how would something like a Home and Garden show make firearms prohibited? is this another case of overreach by the leaders in SA?

dennisz,

SIMPLE. The city fathers of SA are ALL libtards & they are gun-HATERS.

yours, satx

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Was it posted?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yes, it was posted, “No Firearms Allowed”, also on their website. No 30.06 or 30.07 signs, but you do have to go thru metal detectors, so no concealed is concealed. The event I went to would have been an event with no carry (HS graduation), but a blanket statement I thought was illegal.
    Wow why would you want to have to sit thru a HS graduation?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Are you certain it is city owned? Here in Dallas the Arena (AAC) was 50% funded by the city, but they created n operating company to own/run it.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    At a federal court in KCMO security took a fine pocket knife of mine when I served in a jury pool. When I was ready to leave "what knife, we ain't got no knife". So I pulled up a chair and sat down. Wanted to know what I was doing. "Sitting right here and telling anybody that wants to know that you guys stole my knife". Mysteriously appeared in less than 5 minutes.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    File a complaint with the Texas AG's office.
    :green: :cool: ;) :laughing: :roflfunny::roflsmile:
    True, you CAN file a complaint. But ask how that worked out for thousands of LTC holders in Austin and Travis commie county. The AG has done sh*t to them so far. He's utterly useless when it comes to enforcing the law against the leftists in TX.
    We need to replace our joke-of-an-AG with someone who has ballz and is not afraid to enforce the law equally and protect the citizen of our great state. Is Clint Eastwood available, by a chance?

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    I had a similar issue a few years back at the Majestic Theater in downtown Dallas. There were no 06 or 07 signs at the entrance. There were two cops at the door and I asked about entering with a concealed weapon because they were doing wand checks. I was told the building was "owned by the city and therefore guns were prohibited and signs were not required because of that." Luckily I parked in a lot that was less than a block away so I could get back to my car to stow the weapon. Needless to say I have not been to a city owned venue since that date.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I had a similar issue a few years back at the Majestic Theater in downtown Dallas. There were no 06 or 07 signs at the entrance. There were two cops at the door and I asked about entering with a concealed weapon because they were doing wand checks. I was told the building was "owned by the city and therefore guns were prohibited and signs were not required because of that." Luckily I parked in a lot that was less than a block away so I could get back to my car to stow the weapon. Needless to say I have not been to a city owned venue since that date.
    Wow. If the city leases it apparently the group leasing it can prohibit carry with 06/07 signs or I guess orally. Just the fact that it is city owned doesn’t mean you can’t carry. I would have filed a AG complaint for what that’s worth.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Wow. If the city leases it apparently the group leasing it can prohibit carry with 06/07 signs or I guess orally. Just the fact that it is city owned doesn’t mean you can’t carry. I would have filed a AG complaint for what that’s worth.
    The law is clear.
    If the property is owned by other than federal government, carry cannot be prohibited except where listed in the PC, and by my reading that includes property the government may lease to another entity (i.e. Zilker Park leased out for ACL), it is still City property. Unless there is case law saying that is not the case that no one bothered to tell me about...

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Top Bottom