• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    It was awhile ago but he told me that most lands East of El Paso is heavily private and most of them are landlocked compared to NM side West of El Paso. Not so much threats but more property rights and lack of access rights East of El Paso.
    Not true.
    It's open range.

I go out there all the time and never had an issue.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Not true.
    It's open range.

I go out there all the time and never had an issue.

I do not doubt you since you are from there but the area in question is what type of land? You indicated open range but who owns them? Just want to make sure.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I do not doubt you since you are from there but the area in question is what type of land? You indicated open range but who owns them? Just want to make sure.
    Most likely you will be on BLM land in NM. If you are worried, get yourself a Topo map of the area or areas you intend to be on. These maps delineate the ownership of lands.

Last edited:

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Most likely you will be on BLM land in NM. If you are worried, get yourself a Topo map of the area or areas you intend to be on. These maps delineate the ownership of lands.
    I was actually talking about the areas east of El Paso in Texas. My dad is aware of the NM side which is where he conducts most of his activities.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Seriously the vast public lands are something I miss from the western states.

Desert Citizen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2023
    El Paso, TX
    That news article doesn't go into whether or not it would apply to NM residents only, but it does say "with some exemptions for people who already have the prohibited firearms", so that would likely mean you'd be grandfathered in, so to speak.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012

How would this affect the public land areas where many go to shoot?

I have a nice, secluded and mostly unknown spot to shoot on BLM land so even if it effects people in the NE, there'll be a place to shoot, if one dares. I have no problem sharing this spot to active and long time members of TGT should something happen. As to crap laws in NM, get out and vote, people. Go to your local government locations and voice your opinions and concerns. We need to take action. The left has us beat on taking action and that's why they're winning. God can still be the foundation of America, IF we want Him to be. "A republic if you can keep it". It's a dire situation but all is not lost. Our reps will not keep it for us, we must act.

Top Bottom