• ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    NIOA Acquires U.S. Manufacturer Barrett Firearms
    Australian defense contractor NIOA has expanded its global reach with the 100 percent acquisition of the industry-leading rifle design and manufacturing company, Barrett Firearms.
    In announcing the deal, NIOA Group CEO Robert Nioa said the two family-owned companies came together out of a shared commitment to quality, innovation, loyalty, and mission.
    “NIOA’s association with Barrett dates back to 2008. We have been inspired by the story of Barrett and admire what Ronnie, Chris and the family have built over more than four decades,” Mr. Nioa said.
    “It’s been a story of hard work, perseverance, and purpose culminating in the delivery of critical capability for the men and women of the US military and its allies around the world as well as exceptional products to law enforcement agencies and civilian markets.
    “Together we share the same mission - combining our expertise and family business values will ensure Barrett carries on building the finest products in the world.’’
    Mr. Nioa confirmed the company would continue to operate under the Barrett brand as a separate division within the NIOA Group alongside NIOA Australia, NIOA New Zealand, the Australian Missile Corporation and the group’s investment in joint venture company Rheinmetall NIOA Munitions.
    All management and staff at the Murfreesboro manufacturing facility in Tennessee have been retained and production will continue as normal. Over time it is expected that manufacturing activities in Murfreesboro will be further expanded.
    Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
    Mr. Nioa also announced two key leadership appointments – current Barrett President Sam Shallenberger has been promoted to the role of Chief Executive Officer while long-serving Barrett Chief Operating Officer Bryan James becomes President.
    Ronnie Barrett and Chris Barrett will provide ongoing support as executive advisers to Barrett and the NIOA Group.
    Barrett founder Ronnie Barrett said “Today marks the beginning of a new chapter in the Barrett story. Rob and the NIOA team have great respect for the legacy Barrett has created as the leader in long range precision rifles. It’s reassuring to know Barrett will be in good hands with a family-owned company that is focused on manufacturing and delivering world-class firearms and munitions to a global network.”
    The Barrett acquisition marks an exciting next chapter for NIOA as the company’s entry to the US market where it has long-standing trusted relationships with American companies such as Vista Outdoors, Leupold, General Dynamics, Northrup Grumman, and the Winchester-operated Lake City ammunition plant.
    NIOA Group CEO Robert Nioa has announced the company’s acquisition of US rifle maker Barrett Firearms.
    Capitol Armory ad

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I was thinking this might be a good thing - right up until I read that NIOA has trusted relationships with Vista Outdoors. Didn't they kinda hose Remington? Can't remember all the details.

dgax65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Harris County
    I have no Barrett rifles and probably never will, but this acquisition still makes me a little uneasy and sad. They are an iconic American company and you always wonder what will happen. I've seen many examples of good companies, started by subject matter experts with a real love for their product, change for the worse when bought up by larger companies. The original owners have a personal history and relationship with their product and customers. The company buying them is looking to round out a portfolio or making a quick buck and discarding the carcass when it's no longer needed. I went through that with a previous employer and my wife's company is going through it now. I hope things go better for Barrett than my personal experiences.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    It’s not good. Vista Outdoors was mentioned earlier. These folks want to be part of the machine. Sad Barrett went for the Buck. They were rock solid hold outs for a while. What the heck. Guess I can’t blame them for enjoying capitalism

Brasstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2023
    Seguin, TX
    I own a Model 99 in 50 BMG. It is the heaviest, heavy duty, highest quality, firearm I own. It shows absolutely no wear anywhere on it after years of use. Calibers like the 6.5 Creedmor and others with extreme long range accuracy have impacted the civilian 50 BMG market. I can understand this joint venture BARRETT entered as their flagship firearm is becoming more LEO and MIL isolated.

Top Bottom