Nighthawk Gunbroker scam

JMB1970

Jan 2, 2021
Carrollton, GA
For example this showed up on my feed today.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

JMB1970

Jan 2, 2021
Carrollton, GA
And this

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

hooper

Jan 19, 2020
Houston Area
Cool thanks for the info, I'll have to keep that in mind next time. I was thinking of image searches too so I'll add that to the tool box as well.

SQLGeek

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
This is a shame. How's a new guy to get started on GunBroker?
I've been lackadaisical on GB about using caution toward folks with low feedback counts... but not anymore!
Making some purchases can help in boosting your feedback. Other than that, somebody takes a chance on something you're selling and it works out for them.

Use a credit card. :)

Southpaw

Forum BSer
TGT Supporter
Mar 30, 2009
Guadalupe Co.
Making some purchases can help in boosting your feedback. Other than that, somebody takes a chance on something you're selling and it works out for them.

Use a credit card. :)

Yep, I almost always use a CC nowadays. If the auction/sale involves any other form of payment I generally pass. At this point there isn't anything I can't live without, but early on I would send MOs for things. I've never been ripped off and I consider that just dumb luck looking back.

SQLGeek

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
I used to buy and sell a ton on paintball forums years ago. I only kind of got ripped off once in that somebody sold me a gun that didn't work.

I've only bought one thing on gunbroker but I ate the 3% credit card fee. I'd rather pay for the protection than not have it.

candcallen

Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
Stupid question, can you even see the classifieds if you're not a member with access? Some sites I'm on they dont even show up until you're a member with access. Otherwise they are restricted. It keeps this stuff from happening.

Now, if it's a member doing this, well then get a rope.

Top Bottom