• ...and so much more!
  • bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Well it looks like we are going to get our first big blow of the hurricane season. My county looks to have 3-5 inches of rain over the next 48 hours. I know this is a small storm compared to the one that just caused such havoc in Louisiana and points northeast, but it can cause lots of damage as well. Hope everyone stays sage over the next few days.
    Venture Surplus ad

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Forecast is for 10 to 15 inches of rain, lots of wind, and a storm surge 2 to 4 feet. I am not looking forward to putting up with this again. We've been wanting to sell out and move somewhere inland, and this might be the impetus to getting my wife to thinking seriously about doing it. I am apprehensive about this one since it gained strength so quickly. I'm too old for this shit.

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    Daughter and SIL are getting ready for a gullywasher down in Corpus. Good thing is that predictions are showing this storm to blow right on through.

Keep your powder dry.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Is it just me, or does it seem like Nicholas basically bounced off the Texas Gulf Coast?
    Good, I hope it swings east of Galveston. I don't have family or property there, but did consider living in the area at one time...

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    We're 1 block from Galveston Bay. So far, we've had moderate wind and rain. Most of the rain in our neighborhood is sinking in and not pooling. The waves on the bay right now are pretty impressive. Those folks with waterfront property are going to have a mess to clean up when this is over. We're hoping that when tonight is over the worst of it is gone.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    About 5 minutes after I posted that, the wind and rain really started. I checked my phone and suddenly Nicholas was a hurricane, headed right over the top of us. And that's what he did. As of now, 3:00 AM, it's slowing down a little and should get down quickly to just a slow rain. Or that's what the NWS says. We've had some leaks around patio door and windows upstairs which face east. Come daylight we'll see how much damage there is. I hate living here. I'm too old for this shit.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Power was going on and off continuous. Playing havock with all my smart devices. Finally got up and shut WiFi down. It's now 6:30 am and still pretty windy, more wind than rain.

jonevill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Texas City
    Lost power for about 3 or 4 hours. I forgot to tie up the garbage can but it is still in the same place. It was rock and roll for a couple of hours there.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    We lost power at 1am for about 5 minutes. Just looking through the window, it looks like we didn't have any wind damage. More wind than rain. Southeast Houston. We were lucky.

Top Bottom