Venture Surplus ad

Texas is going RED with these candidates.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Yeah.... I had a vague recollection of him doing some "Anti-" thing... couldn't recall exactly what it was. Stomping on "due process" must've been it! Didn't Trump advocate doing the same thing? (And the NRA?). I think Trump has backed off that position now... but not before he gave Diane Feinstein a big orgasm. Now I remember the televised meeting around that table! Old Feinstein just about came all over herself.
    Guns International

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    That's the part about 'Red Flag' laws I just can't get beyond. The suspension (or elimination) of "due process". The whole premise behind successful implementation of 'Red Flag' laws are an anathema to our fundamental belief in and sense of justice in the law: innocent until proven guilty.

ERPOs - Extreme Risk Protection Orders (i.e., Red Flag laws) simply cannot be written in such a way as to not insure their future abuse. This is the reason we have the 4th Amendment in the Bill Of Rights to the Constitution of the United States. It places limits on government power and authority in order to protect the citizens from tyranny.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    No candidate is perfect. I didn’t like some of the stuff Crenshaw or Trump said, but in the end, you only have four real choices:

Republican

Democrat

Other

No vote

only one really helps the 2A cause, albeit not nearly as much as I had hoped in 2016.

but vote for one of the other three and watch those 2A freedoms melt like a dropped ice cream cone on a Texas summer sidewalk.

OldFart81

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Barn, SE San Antonio
    Under proposed "Red Flag" laws, your gun rights can be taken away and your firearms confiscated based on accusations with no evidence, lodged without your knowledge, in legal proceedings where you are not represented. Said accusations could come from any family member or former relationship, and in some states they can also come from coworkers or acquaintances. After the police show up (in some instances by staging a "no knock" raid, such as a case in Massachusetts that cost a man his life) and confiscate your property, you would have an "opportunity" to hire an attorney at your expense and attempt to prove your innocence six months or so after the fact.

So tell me...what's right about that? Shall we count the Constitutional protections these orders circumvent?
    That is why I'm voting for Crenshaw as he said to fix the Red Flag law the Tx legislature must ensure that not only the dangerous metal retards are disarmed, but that they are disarmed through a fair process that prevents non-dangerous individuals from inadvertently losing their Second Amendment rights as well.

OldFart81

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Barn, SE San Antonio
    Everyone with a firearm is dangerous to the government. That's the whole point of 2a, and why infringing on it is a bad idea.

There are already procedures for TEMPORARILY (i.e. for a day or two) removing firearms from a person in mental health crisis, but they get them back as soon as they can get to the PD to get them, unless they go through a VERY lengthy process to be committed to a mental health institution. (I.e. they go to court and are "tried" before a judge).

There is no need to add ways to take firearms. There is already an effective method that provides for due process that doesn't infringe the people's right to bear arms.

Red flag laws may sound like a good idea at face value, but they are dangerous to our freedom.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    Crenshaw said to fix the Red Flag law the Texas legislature must ensure that not only the dangerous mental retards are disarmed, but that they are disarmed through a fair process that prevents non-dangerous individuals from inadvertently losing their Second Amendment rights as well. Seems he is on the gun owner's side.

Last edited:

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    In Texas, as long as one ensures not just that dangerous metal retards are disarmed, but that they are disarmed through a fair process that prevents non-dangerous individuals from inadvertently losing their Second Amendment rights as well.
    Strange. You have been here a long while. Did you just decide to get up and troll?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I get riled up about the mental retards owning guns....Crenshaw wants to go after ONLY the mental retards and protect the average Joe's 2A rights and not have our guns taken away.

Question 11f on the 4473 already covers that.

Move along now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Check this out...

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Check this out...

Unfortunately that's been going on for a number of years. If I fill out "new patient" paperwork and run across that question, and I have, I ignore it. Thus far no push back for not responding to the question but some have received a lot of push back.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Yeah, I don't disagree about elections frequently being a choice of "the lesser of two evils". And overall Trump hasn't disappointed; however, his initial support for Red Flag and the Bump Stock thing were disappointing to me. I believe he sometimes takes a politically expedient path to subdue what he perceives as complaints from "the masses" without any real regard to considering what long term policy ramifications are. But I'll also say, I think he's learning and getting better about keeping this impulse under control - especially regarding 'gun control' issues. IOW, he's slowly "learned to dance with the one who brung ya".

Back to Crenshaw. I would love for someone to provide some evidence that he too, has learned and has modified his position on Red Flag laws. I would love to be wrong about him, but as far as I know, he hasn't said anything to indicate discontinued support for Red Flag laws. And that's just wrong, no matter how ya slice it!

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Yeah, I don't disagree about elections frequently being a choice of "the lesser of two evils". And overall Trump hasn't disappointed; however, his initial support for Red Flag and the Bump Stock thing were disappointing to me. I believe he sometimes takes a politically expedient path to subdue what he perceives as complaints from "the masses" without any real regard to considering what long term policy ramifications are. But I'll also say, I think he's learning and getting better about keeping this impulse under control - especially regarding 'gun control' issues. IOW, he's slowly "learned to dance with the one who brung ya".

Back to Crenshaw. I would love for someone to provide some evidence that he too, has learned and has modified his position on Red Flag laws. I would love to be wrong about him, but as far as I know, he hasn't said anything to indicate discontinued support for Red Flag laws. And that's just wrong, no matter how ya slice it!
    Also in another thread but you ask for it here...

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Unfortunately that's been going on for a number of years. If I fill out "new patient" paperwork and run across that question, and I have, I ignore it. Thus far no push back for not responding to the question but some have received a lot of push back.
    They should get push back every single time they ask. I would not ignore it next time, but write "You have no medical reason to ask this. You have no legal right to know." And then find another doc.

ETA: my girls were mostly grown by the time they started this crap. For the youngest one, I told her if they ever asked that, just politely ask "What is the next question?" And then tell dad if they asked...

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Check this out...

I was asked some 15+ years ago when I was visiting a Dr.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    They should get push back every single time they ask. I would not ignore it next time, but write "You have no medical reason to ask this. You have no legal right to know." And then find another doc.

ETA: my girls were mostly grown by the time they started this crap. For the youngest one, I told her if they ever asked that, just politely ask "What is the next question?" And then tell dad if they asked...
    You'd be right! My "no response" contributed, no doubt, to the proliferation of this invasion of privacy. Won't happen again.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom