• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    I already have a .22rimfire and a first gen 9mm Osprey. That's all I own so far.

I have a Thunderbeast .338 on order...eta for manufacture is Feb 2020, then have to wait for transfer and another 8-10 months to actual take posession...

So in the next few days I'm going to go to our local shop (Texas Gun Shop, San Angelo, Tx, they pretty much have anything that silencerco has, if silencerco has it in stock, then they probably do, too) and pick from their inventory...so that I can hopefully take possession about the time Thunderbeast actuallly manufactures my beast...

I want to be able to use this on 308, 6.5 creedmoor, 6.5 grendel, 5.56... and if possible, as many other calibers as I can...

Here's the 2 I'm considering, unless someone points out major flaws to my ideas:

First choice: Silencerco Hybrid 46. I figure I can use this on the widest range of rifles and pistols... good all around suppressor.

option #2 is a Griffin Optimus... It'll be good on anything basically .30 cal or smaller...

That's it... Thoughts?
    DK Firearms

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    First choice: Silencerco Hybrid 46. I figure I can use this on the widest range of rifles and pistols... good all around suppressor.

option #2 is a Griffin Optimus... It'll be good on anything basically .30 cal or smaller...

That's it... Thoughts?

Always go with your first choice. Don't worry about what Trump is gonna do. That's pretty much faded out of the lime light. You have a 6-8 month wait for the stamp anyway.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    4E2AB4BC-46A3-4DF2-A6DD-1976D10294D7.jpeg

Attachments

• 4E2AB4BC-46A3-4DF2-A6DD-1976D10294D7.jpeg
      4E2AB4BC-46A3-4DF2-A6DD-1976D10294D7.jpeg
      51.9 KB · Views: 282

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I really don't know much about suppressors besides general knowledge.

I asked around about the Hybrids and general consensus was they won't reduce sound signature of smaller calibers enough to allow safe shooting without ear protection.

Like many similar products they work on everything but not very well on anything.

Maybe someone more in the know can confirm what I heard.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I have a hybrid 46 for my .458 socom but intend to use it with other smaller calibers. It has the ability to change endcaps for smaller calibers to help more with sound reduction on the smaller calibers.

Probably my most versatile can is my AAC 300-TM. Works great from 300 win mag down to .223/5.56. So for the 6.5 and 6mm it is not a huge difference.

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    You have a 6-8 month wait for the stamp anyway.

Yep, my only goal here is to get another suppressor before the Thunder beast.. at this point I can wait 6-8 months on whatever I get, and I'll still have it about a year before the thunderbeast can arrive.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I've never mounted my Hybrid on a pistol, but that'd be an interesting test. My Octane 45HD suppresses 9mm pretty well though, even without a 9mm cap.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man... considering your end result. I highly recommend the omega. It's a fantastic can for 6.5 and .30 use. Works great on .223 also.

You got your .22, 9mm and 338 covered. The omega would be a good addition.

I have an omega and hybrid. I like both very much. Hybrid is a solid can though. Just not quiet for .338 use.

Will you be shooting a .338LM with that thunderbeast?

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    It has the ability to change endcaps for smaller calibers to help more with sound reduction on the smaller calibers.

I'm leery of changing endcaps. If you leave the wrong one on there once you are screwed.

I use my Omega on 223, 6, 6.5 and 308. It suppresses them all well enough for me with the 30 cal endcap.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I'm leery of changing endcaps. If you leave the wrong one on there once you are screwed.

I use my Omega on 223, 6, 6.5 and 308. It suppresses them all well enough for me with the 30 cal endcap.

I guess one could paint them different colors.

rmantoo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Man... considering your end result. I highly recommend the omega. It's a fantastic can for 6.5 and .30 use. Works great on .223 also.

You got your .22, 9mm and 338 covered. The omega would be a good addition.

I have an omega and hybrid. I like both very much. Hybrid is a solid can though. Just not quiet for .338 use.

Will you be shooting a .338LM with that thunderbeast?

Probably won't shoot 338: I just sold my 338, and I'm only getting the 338 thunderbeast because at the last match I shot, several guys running 6.5 and .30s were running the 338 TB, and it was noticeably quieter than the 30 cal cans.

ONe of the guys from thunderbeast was at the match, and he said it would generally be a few to several db more quiet on smaller guns because of the volume of the can.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Probably won't shoot 338: I just sold my 338, and I'm only getting the 338 thunderbeast because at the last match I shot, several guys running 6.5 and .30s were running the 338 TB, and it was noticeably quieter than the 30 cal cans.

ONe of the guys from thunderbeast was at the match, and he said it would generally be a few to several db more quiet on smaller guns because of the volume of the can.
    Interesting.... I know it's a legit can. I wish I could have demoed cans before buying.

I made the mistake of buying the hybrid on the count that it's 338lm rated. But, not 338lm hearing rated. It's great for hunting, taking the 1 or 2 shots, but if your going to shoot a string.... better push some earpro in.

Top Bottom