• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Until you say its gun related then both accounts will be locked and you will be told pound sand.

If you pay the paypal fee 3% for a product, then you may send it back for a refund, up to 6 months. PayPal will fetch the money back from the sellers checking account and credit the buyer. Similar situation when using ebay. Not talking firearms of course.

I've only had one bad sale in many years but likely not to do anymore ebay or paypal sales. Crooked buyers can destroy you.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    Your obviously young. Sorry the wifey unit is mad.

You used poor judgement. Own it and move on with your life. Chalk it up to a life experience.

Its the ladder of life......Good judgement comes from good experience which comes from good decisions which comes from bad judgement which comes from bad experience which comes from bad decisions.

Sorry to be blunt, you'll get over it.
    This. We could have closed this thread after post #4.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I can only echo what others have already stated. Education has an associated cost. Consider whatever you gave for the pistol you do not have as the price of admission to the school of hard knocks.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Never a good think to get screwed over especially by a friend. To make it easier on your wife & your mind picture him in county jail without soap on a rope. Another visualization would be him under a bridge covered in his own feces & smoking crack. At that point you could figure his family lost more & laugh about that yourself!

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Lesson learned. Don't hand over money until item is in hand. The fact e was in a bind for money should have been a red flag right there.

I agree with the "don't hand over the money until item is in hand".
    Bought a rifle from a member. Met member, got rifle, checked it out, gave money and I kept the rifle, he kept the money. I went home, he went shopping.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    For the most part, I kind of doubt it would be a criminal matter that the DA would even do anything. Wouldn't hurt to call them and ask, but more than likely they would consider it a civil matter and not a criminal one.

Top Bottom