• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    Chronicle is about to slump a little more. Last year's subscription was $72. Just received a renewal for $264. I can't see most people paying that. As for me, once the Houston Chronicle endorsed DOHbama, they lost a customer.

[url]http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Newspaper-slump-deepens-as-2Q-apf-2724721970.html?x=0&.v=6[/URL]

I dumped the Chronicle a couple of years back, not that long ago I had someone call me soliciting for the Chron. Which I happily informed them that I felt the news media needs to stay unbiased and any endorsement to a political representative will hinder their ability to report the full truth. I asked them to take my name and number off of the list; I will never subscribe to the Houston Chronicle again...

Rob1796

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Colleyville
    Subscription dead tree media is going the way of the dinosaurs. I haven't subscribed to a news paper or magazine since my last year in college, which, being two years ago doesn't mean much. The exact same information is available instantly on the internet while they lag behind for printing. They have to jack up prices just to keep from going broke.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    The simple fact is, all newspapers will go away eventually, its just a matter of time. As more and more people get their info from the internet, there will simply be no need for print. It is an inevitable fact.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I think that is happening everywhere. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram keeps getting smaller and smaller, and the price keeps going up and up. We really enjoy the daily paper, but the value is waning, and I don't know how much longer it will last. We do some work for one of the writers, and he tells us they have reduced staff by 70% in the last 12 months, jobbing a lot of the set up work to India, and sharing writers with the Dallas Morning News and other papers.

I think in less than 5 years there won't be a daily paper, just an on-line subscription or some such.

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    The simple fact is, all newspapers will go away eventually, its just a matter of time. As more and more people get their info from the internet, there will simply be no need for print. It is an inevitable fact.
    Yeah, but I'm sure before they go out, we're going to bail 'em out with a multi-kajillion dollar government stimulus! I mean, it only makes sense to keep a dead technology alive and sucking air! Comical lost our business when they put one of our SHOOTING RANGE ads in the middle of the obits. Ha ha. Sick, sick, joke on their part.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    Oh, for the papers that supported DOHBAMA, I am sure they will go in with their hands out. He has given money to everyone else who supported him, why not the papers

Top Bottom