• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    No, I didn't follow this until lately and don't know "McQueen". Please tell. . . . .

leVieux
    He was the CEO of Ackerman McQueen an advertising agency that had the NRA as their main client. They are responsible for Wayne's image. In reality he is a milqutoast who is easily manipulated. McQueen took advantage of this and used him to loot the NRA. The NRA is in the mess they are because of all the people around him that have used him for their personal gain. Wayne's wife ran her expenses through Ackerman McQueen to the tune of millions they are greedy corrupt people.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Years ba
    He was the CEO of Ackerman McQueen an advertising agency that had the NRA as their main client. They are responsible for Wayne's image. In reality he is a milqutoast who is easily manipulated. McQueen took advantage of this and used him to loot the NRA. The NRA is in the mess they are because of all the people around him that have used him for their personal gain. Wayne's wife ran her expenses through Ackerman McQueen to the tune of millions they are greedy corrupt people.

Thanks for the summary. I feared such.

Years back, for the big FONRA Banquet in Austin, c 1993, we heard the announcer state that we were in for a "Big Surprise", that a Big-Name Celebrity would speak. We expected someone like Heston or Reagan.

Wayne strode onto the stage with bugles & trumpets blaring, like he was someone really important.

Not only was it a humongous disappointment, but it told me that Wayne was already way out-of control.

And that was some 30 years back. . . . . . .

leVieux

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Years ba

Thanks for the summary. I feared such.

Years back, for the big FONRA Banquet in Austin, c 1993, we heard the announcer state that we were in for a "Big Surprise", that a Big-Name Celebrity would speak. We expected someone like Heston or Reagan.

Wayne strode onto the stage with bugles & trumpets blaring, like he was someone really important.

Not only was it a humongous disappointment, but it told me that Wayne was already way out-of control.

And that was some 30 years back. . . . . . .

leVieux

30 years back he was a big name in the political world as every politician we visited knew and respected him right away.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    A few observations:
    1. The NRA remains the most powerful 2A lobbying group in the country. They have money, membership numbers, and lobbyists. We need to keep NRA strong, as well as all the Second Amendment lobbying groups (e.g., TSRA).
    2. Keeping it strong means the members have to be active - internally and externally.
    3. Wayne LaPierre is a POS. There's no nice way to put it and there's nothing that he's done that balances out the money he's wasted or the poor decisions that have been made. The NRA membership allowed him to become effectively dictator for life and that needs to change. The ONLY way that changes is for GOOD PEOPLE to remain NRA members.
    4. I refuse to support the findings of the NY Attorney General in any way. They are NOT OUR FRIENDS and NEVER will be. They want to destroy the NRA and the Second Amendment. They will say or do ANYTHING in support of those goals.
    5. The WORST thing about WLP and the corruption at the top of the NRA is that it causes otherwise good folks who are big supporters of the Second Amendment to fight with each other instead of banding together. Just look at the insults and pouting that's gone on in this thread! C'mon, man, we need each other! We have common enemies to battle; don't waste time or energy battling each other!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A few observations:
    1. The NRA remains the most powerful 2A lobbying group in the country. They have money, membership numbers, and lobbyists. We need to keep NRA strong, as well as all the Second Amendment lobbying groups (e.g., TSRA).
    2. Keeping it strong means the members have to be active - internally and externally.
    3. Wayne LaPierre is a POS. There's no nice way to put it and there's nothing that he's done that balances out the money he's wasted or the poor decisions that have been made. The NRA membership allowed him to become effectively dictator for life and that needs to change. The ONLY way that changes is for GOOD PEOPLE to remain NRA members.
    4. I refuse to support the findings of the NY Attorney General in any way. They are NOT OUR FRIENDS and NEVER will be. They want to destroy the NRA and the Second Amendment. They will say or do ANYTHING in support of those goals.
    5. The WORST thing about WLP and the corruption at the top of the NRA is that it causes otherwise good folks who are big supporters of the Second Amendment to fight with each other instead of banding together. Just look at the insults and pouting that's gone on in this thread! C'mon, man, we need each other! We have common enemies to battle; don't waste time or energy battling each other!
    I don't disagree with your post in the least, and it's something we all need to think about. Some very valid points you have made.

If it were not for WLP and his leadership, we wouldn't even have this thread in the first place. He is the very reason, for the fracturing and infighting you speak of is happening in the first place. He is the reason that many are jumping ship to other organizations for defending our gun rights and the 2nd Amendment.

WLP is a cancer that needs to be removed from the NRA if it's to have any future going forth, and sadly, many will not return until he's removed or resigns from the NRA.

The NRA has done much good for many years, and could continue to do more good if WLP were gone. Fact is, many have lost trust in the NRA because of WLP.

I am one of those that refuse to contribute or belong to the NRA any longer as long as WLP is a part of it. I wished differently, and wished there was a way to get him gone and restore the NRA back to what it was, but it just seems impossible at this time.

I am open to ideas and suggestions as to his removal.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    A few observations:

Sorry, I’m not going to KEEP paying thieves in hopes that they will go back to doing their job instead of continuing their stealing.

Common sense 101

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Te video is a summary. According to the speaker, State AG's running investigations into NRA finances have encountered both grossly excessive LaPierre luxury travel spending, plus absurd over-payments to a clerical person with little qualifications. This appears to have interested the IRS and may prompt them to investigate his wrongdoings.

The video is not really long, I invite all to watch it.

leVieux
    The realization of how nra wasted our contributions and dues is very disturbing to many of their members.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Does everyone here know the historical beginnings of the big mess NRA is in now? I'd hate to go over it all again if everyone here already knows about it.

leVieux

Top Bottom