• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Curious, what calibers are you interested in reloading? We can offer some guidance if we know. Rifle is much different than pistol.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    ECC5A634-82ED-4300-819A-E6B0D5B4427F.jpeg

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Welcome to Texas Gun Talk..............

Any older reloading manual is a good start and worth reading, they are inexpensive and contain information you need............don't get ahead of yourself on what you need......it can be amazingly simple..........and conversely, we can make it agonizingly complex..........start simple and inexpensive.....

Reloading is one of those things you either love.....or not so much........no sense spending on the best and most expensive if you decide it's not your thing......

Finding components (not equipment) is probably your biggest challenge..................especially primers........

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I will add this to my previous post.
    Reloading is really a straight foward and easy process. Not to mention fun and rewarding when you get it right. So don't let us scare you off to it. Like fishing, it is something I can do and block out the rest of the world for a little bit. Nothing else matters but what is in front of me. A mental reset.

Be aware of the things not to do, but don't be afraid of them or dwell on them. If you do, you will make those mistakes.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

tazawoo2006

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2023
    DFW TEXAS
    Thank you to all that have responded. I think I have studied enough to get started. Now that primers are starting to appear I am going to start the process. I was just curious about the class as to lack of better term to affirm what I have been putting together. I am in the Burleson area and there used to be an individual in this area that would teach a class out of his reloading shop. Of course I cant find that information any longer. But I will be okay with what I know so far. I am not shy about asking questions for sure.

tazawoo2006

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2023
    DFW TEXAS
    Welcome to Texas Gun Talk..............

Any older reloading manual is a good start and worth reading, they are inexpensive and contain information you need............don't get ahead of yourself on what you need......it can be amazingly simple..........and conversely, we can make it agonizingly complex..........start simple and inexpensive.....

Reloading is one of those things you either love.....or not so much........no sense spending on the best and most expensive if you decide it's not your thing......

Finding components (not equipment) is probably your biggest challenge..................especially primers........
    I am starting to see primers appear somewhat but are pricey. I hope with them starting to appear they will start to come down a bit. Had a conversation with an employee at Remington a couple weeks ago and was told that they are not really putting many primers out there because they are focusing on using them on ammo. They are supposed to start appearing more around May to June, that is when they think they will be back on par with the ammo and then they can start putting more components out.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Lee Pro 100 Kit and all the components for the rounds. Scales, calipers, Lee Loading book and various other items.
    You mean Pro 1000? I had that press and gave it away for free. Lee classic turret is good. I am now using the Lee six pack pro. You can reload with what you have but you will want to upgrade soon.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Lee Pro 100 Kit and all the components for the rounds. Scales, calipers, Lee Loading book and various other items.
    Just a suggestion, based on about 54 years of reloading...... don't try to learn on a progressive press.
    Get a simple single press, and learn to do each step. It's much easier to focus on details and the likelihood of "missing" something is greatly reduced. Too many things are happening all at the same time using a progressive.
    Once you become proficient with the single press, you can make the decision whether you need a progressive....if so, THEN pull out the Pro 1000 and learn it's techniques....

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Just a suggestion, based on about 54 years of reloading...... don't try to learn on a progressive press.
    Get a simple single press, and learn to do each step. It's much easier to focus on details and the likelihood of "missing" something is greatly reduced. Too many things are happening all at the same time using a progressive.
    Once you become proficient with the single press, you can make the decision whether you need a progressive....if so, THEN pull out the Pro 1000 and learn it's techniques....

Couldn’t agree with you more on this one right here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MrRobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Matrix, TX
    Welcome,

I feel you how you can't find a place for reloading. I just started a couple months back and so far I haven't hurt myself yet after doing my first batch a couple months back. I still have many questions and still need help on certain items.

Hopefully now that everything is getting back to normal you will find a class somewhere.

Top Bottom