• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tazawoo2006

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2023
    DFW TEXAS
    Hi all I am from DFW south area. Does anyone know of any type of reloading class or an individual that teaches reloading? I am wanting to get into it. All the NRA classes are five hours away.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    It's hard enough for me to find time and components to reload lately let alone teach someone else about it. However, it's good to see that interest is still there. I'd keep poking around here and maybe a forum member will be kind enough to let you witness their process.

Reloading has many facets. External ballistics, internal ballistics, intended purpose and so much more. It becomes simple and elegant when your focus is singular. One gun, one caliber, one or two bullet selections. It's easy to get lost in the sea of possibilities. Believe me, some of us here already have!

Maybe start with a manual like the lee book. Read it all and see where that takes you. Best of luck ! I support your interest as indirectly as possible.

Nofir55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2016
    Katy Texas
    Hi all I am from DFW south area. Does anyone know of any type of reloading class or an individual that teaches reloading? I am wanting to get into it. All the NRA classes are five hours away.
    Welcome Aboard

There is a class every evening in your computer ! there is endless amount of information on line, and in books and manuals.
    Every reloading manual has sections of everything you need to know every tool and procedure, what to do and what not to do.
    Guns and reloading forums has an army of enthusiasts that will help you in more ways then you can imagine. just ask.
    YouTube, Rumble, Ugetube, Re loaders Network have tons of videos on every subject and caliper.

If you just getting started with reloading, then get ready. your about to have the most interesting year of your life !

Have fun and Be Safe !

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Welcome.
    You are getting good advice from others. The Lee book is the most economical and has a lot of good instruction in it. Lyman is probably the better book but more expensive. Pay attention to the DOs, and close attention to the DON'Ts. There are no detail small enough to overlook. When I get to actually putting in powder and seating the bullet, no TV, no radio. I generally won't even talk to people. It ain't hard, but a small mistake could be costly.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I started by reading various manuals, no internet back then but now lots of info on
    the net, start slow load only 10 rounds to start, learn by trial and error always
    begin with smaller loads and never be distracted.
    I still enjoy after 50 years; I find the process relaxing so stay with it.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Take the last two posts as your rule and guide. Do not allow any distractions, stay singularly focused on loading, nothing else.
    Do not get complacent, or presumptive. If someone walks up stop! Address any questions, if they wish to stay, let them know they must not interrupt you, until you step away from the bench. After any interruption back up, start 2 steps back, to be sure of your process.
    There is no " woops I'm sorry" in reloading.
    Hundreds of thousands of guys reload millions of rounds a year with no issues, I do not accept that it is inherently dangerous, it's just very unforgiving of mistakes.

Brassguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 15, 2017
    Wichita Falls
    If your interested, I listed some beginning reloading books for sale int he classified section. They are good for the newby starting out. Biggest advice I can give, is don't get distracted when reloading. When you get distracted, that's when you make mistakes.

Top Bottom