Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Well, at least this guy put in a little effort to look like a real user before he got himself banned for PM spamming with off-site links. I don't know exactly how his scam worked but if you got a PM from him about a good deal on a firearm, post the info here. I'm curious if everything points to the same place.

txgirliegirl

loves dogs more than people
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2020
    Richmond
    Well, at least this guy put in a little effort to look like a real user before he got himself banned for PM spamming with off-site links. I don't know exactly how his scam worked but if you got a PM from him about a good deal on a firearm, post the info here. I'm curious if everything points to the same place.

i got a PM about the sig p220 i posted in the WTB section...it said to contact some andrew person in colorado

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Thanks for the info. When someone new comes in and immediately starts trying to point you to off-site sales, be suspicious. He PM'd several people trying to get them into contact with someone who just so happened to have exactly what the member was looking for. It's a scam. The firearm doesn't exist but they'll try to get your money before they ghost you.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Thanks for keeping us safe @benenglish !
    I'm not the person to thank, here. There were multiple reports filed on this guy and the people who did the reporting actually did some background work to find where the same person has scammed elsewhere. Members like that make my job easy. I want to thank them publicly but I need their permission to reveal that they filed reports. PMing them now.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    No I am on a PC DELL OPTIPLEX.

I have one of those 'atomic clocks' on the wall in front of me.

I have a SAMSUNG Rugby 3 flip phone so I have no idea about getting on the internet with a phone.

Once I hit a few buttons and the phone display asked if I wanted to open a browser and connect to the internet!!!!

I shut the phone OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom