New York City stockpiled ventilators for a pandemic, only to later auction them off: report

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    State, federal or a large co can stock up on non perishable items to an extent. But who is going to sign off on spending 20-40+ million for vents that are going to just collect dust because they aren't used for daily operations. That’s just the price for 1-2000.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seems I recall about a week ago a bunch of big news stories about how Trump wouldn’t send any respirators to NY and he must be the devil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I understand that the ventilators have some lifecycle, but when we sell equipment on big contracts, there is usually some clause about us being able to maintain them for x years. Buying them in 2006, and then going obsolete in 2009 seems like poor planning. However, them not being serviceable or too costly to service after ~10 years doesn't seem too ridiculous - again, just poor planning to have not slowly replaced them.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    again, just poor planning to have not slowly replaced them.

Between this and the expiring N95s both sound like poor inventory and logistical management. Seems pretty basic to me. If you're worried about stocks expiring (N95s expire, who knew?), working out a distribution rotation system with the local hospitals, shop classes, etc etc only makes sense.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    But faulted the Federal government for the same thing as they experienced. Very expensive to buy and maintain over any time frame. I am sure the Federal government doesn't want to buy and maintain 50k of these machines either, not to mention masks.

Top Bottom