• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Made Tuna Sunday with the normal mayo, Celery salt, Garlic, thyme and a bit of lemon and pickle juice.

This time I added 1\5 of a chipotle pepper in adobo sauce and a sprinkle of smoked paprika. Man, this wakes up the tuna with a small kick and it's amazing. I could see where some would like more kick so season to taste. This is way on the mild side.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRMhVei92re-z_OS7lF0Ra6VmA5MIFRt1imqm7HsIS_a4YPp70.jpg

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]I had these around from making this excellent dip :
    [/FONT]
    Smoked Paprika and Chipotle Sauce | Lemons in Salt

1 jar veganaise (or 16 ounces mayonnaise) I use a shaft mixer and mix right in the mayo jar..
    1 to 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (La Costena is a gluten-free brand)
    3 tablespoons smoked paprika
    2 cloves garlic, peeled
    1/8 lemon rind in salt (see note below)

Combine all the ingredients in a blender and let it run.
    When the sauce is bright-orange in color and smooth, take a taste. Maybe you want more of lemon, or another chipotle pepper. Play with your own taste
    Lemons in Salt
    Tami does something ingenious every time she uses lemons. She saves the rinds for later use in this sauce and other foods.
    Choose organic lemons because you will be eating the skins. Juice them for whatever use you have for lemon juice. Then, slice up the remaining rinds (without the pulp) and put them in a big jar of coarse salt. Whenever you use lemons, replenish your stock.

Venture Surplus ad

Top Bottom