• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just moved to the Great state of Texas after 10 years in Louisiana! Happy to be here and hello everyone!

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
    You are in a great Cajun-friendly region of Texas. Please visit both Kingwood and Galveston soon.

Metro H-Town has the largest number of LSU Alum's anywhere and thousands of UL/L Alums, too.

Some specifics: The "Floyd's Restaurant Chain" split over a decade back. The only good ones are in Sugar Land and IH45 South across from NASA Road I. The "Hebert's" Boudin outlet on Alabama or Richmond sucks. R&M guns @ El Campo is great. The Woodlands is full of LA "expats". Radio 870 AM carries LSU games, the big AM station @ Shreveport does, too.

IH10 runs in BOTH directions, despite what many say.

You may have to teach some Texans about BBQ.

A good source of LA info is Sandy Petermann (Hanks) Williams of the realty firm by that name in the Woodlands.

Please read-up on Texas gun laws and recent changes here. Don't be afraid to carry.

Louisiana continues in democrat decline; STAY in Texas ! I surely wish that I had !

leVieux

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    You are in a great Cajun-friendly region of Texas. Please visit both Kingwood and Galveston soon.

Metro H-Town has the largest number of LSU Alum's anywhere and thousands of UL/L Alums, too.

Some specifics: The "Floyd's Restaurant Chain" split over a decade back. The only good ones are in Sugar Land and IH45 South across from NASA Road I. The "Hebert's" Boudin outlet on Alabama or Richmond sucks. R&M guns @ El Campo is great. The Woodlands is full of LA "expats". Radio 870 AM carries LSU games, the big AM station @ Shreveport does, too.

IH10 runs in BOTH directions, despite what many say.

You may have to teach some Texans about BBQ.

A good source of LA info is Sandy Petermann (Hanks) Williams of the realty firm by that name in the Woodlands.

Please read-up on Texas gun laws and recent changes here. Don't be afraid to carry.

Louisiana continues in democrat decline; STAY in Texas ! I surely wish that I had !

leVieux

R&M Firearms in El Campo is a REQUIRED visit. I've known Ronnie since before he had a storefront. Honest and great people work there. R&M can find many items, not just firearms, but optics, silencers, knives, archery, and fishing gear, you need to visit regularly. Mark the smith, can help with many things as well. Just one thing, if no one asks to help you, don't get mad, you are wanted to browse and look at everything, when you have a question, walk up to someone, if it is locked away, they will get the keys and assist you with undivided attention. I've known Ronnie so long that he just gives me the keys to the cases and lets me go behind the counters to handle anything.

BTW welcome to Texas!

Second Edit, the 2 revolvers in my avatar were purchased there, and many more.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    R&M Firearms in El Campo is a REQUIRED visit. I've known Ronnie since before he had a storefront. Honest and great people work there. R&M can find many items, not just firearms, but optics, silencers, knives, archery, and fishing gear, you need to visit regularly. Mark the smith, can help with many things as well. Just one thing, if no one asks to help you, don't get mad, you are wanted to browse and look at everything, when you have a question, walk up to someone, if it is locked away, they will get the keys and assist you with undivided attention. I've known Ronnie so long that he just gives me the keys to the cases and lets me go behind the counters to handle anything.

BTW welcome to Texas!

Second Edit, the 2 revolvers in my avatar were purchased there, and many more.
    Yes, my last visit, I found a new carbine I have been looking for. I have a current TX "CL" & a clean record, also a current LA CHL. There was some confusion at first, as Ronnie told his guy to go ahead, but the guy balked re "out-of-State" D.L. I called our ATF agent, who misunderstood their question. The "background check system" was swamped. Ronnie & another guy stayed late, then opened the next day, so I could get the carbine despite the shop scheduled to be closed for the weekend. Try that at your "Academy" or WalMart ! leVieux

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom