• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I lived in Vegas back when the mob ran it. I'm beginning to think the mob wasn't as bad as the current politicians.

Welcome!
    Venture Surplus ad

brix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    San Antonio
    Thank y'all for the warm welcome, now that I have my LTC in process my next step is getting an NFA trust I had drawn up when I lived in Vegas adjusted so I can start looking at suppressors.

brix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    San Antonio
    I lived in Vegas back when the mob ran it. I'm beginning to think the mob wasn't as bad as the current politicians.

Welcome!

I know right? I was there when they just got rid of the blue cards but left right before succumbed to all the fleeing liberals and went blue. Funny how it turns to crap "after" certain political parties take over.

brix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    San Antonio
    Howdy dont vote for democrats

Don't plan to, I have seen first hand what liberal democratic policies have done to cities and states. If anyone wants to differ feel free to PM me and I can explain why democrats are the biggest thieves in American history. If your interested do a search on the "four families" in California and it will explain sort of how the state is run by a this gang of politicians. Basically they run the state like the mob.

Reactions: MTA

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I know right? I was there when they just got rid of the blue cards but left right before succumbed to all the fleeing liberals and went blue. Funny how it turns to crap "after" certain political parties take over.
    I left Las Vegas before my 18th birthday, so I had to look up "blue cards". I didn't get my first CHL until after I moved to Seattle. I have kinda watched over the years the transformation of Nevada from a conservative state to a so called "liberal" state and figured that many of the people I knew must have died off to let it turn like that. I used to work a shooting range near Nellis called the "Las Vegas Rod and Gun Club".

brix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    San Antonio
    I left Las Vegas before my 18th birthday, so I had to look up "blue cards". I didn't get my first CHL until after I moved to Seattle. I have kinda watched over the years the transformation of Nevada from a conservative state to a so called "liberal" state and figured that many of the people I knew must have died off to let it turn like that. I used to work a shooting range near Nellis called the "Las Vegas Rod and Gun Club".

I ended up in Las Vegas because my wife got stationed at Nellis. I don't know of the Las Vegas Rod and Gun Club but I used to shoot at the Nellis Rod and Gun Club all the time. Loved driving out to the range and watching the planes fly overhead especially the F-22s. They would either fly over my car or I would time it so I could drive along side them as they land using the road that went from Area 1 to Area 2 of the base where the Gun Club was located. Nothing more American while going to the gun range and getting to see an F-22 Raptor buzz you while driving.

txgirliegirl

loves dogs more than people
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2020
    Richmond
    Hey thanks for the heads up. My experience was pretty smooth. The appointments for getting fingerprinting was the most challenging because of covid. I was able to complete the online course within two evenings at my own pace. After completing the course a local instructor reached out to me and scheduled the in person class. I realize it was a little more expensive but not much more to break the bank and I figured my time was worth more for me not to spend it in a classroom. Now I am just in the waiting game since it seems that LTC are taking 60 days to get in the mail because of covid delays. (damn covid). My biggest advice is to plan in advance and make sure you get your Texas ID first that is proving to be a challenge for a lot of new Texans because of covid. Appointments are backed up to Oct/Nov, fingerprinting too is seeing appointment being backed up weeks when from what I've been told used to be maybe a day or two.

it may not be that bad...my friend got his in the mail a few weeks ago and waited 2 weeks, 2 days...i am waiting for mine, 2 weeks and 2 days would be tuesday so hoping to get it next week some time :)

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I ended up in Las Vegas because my wife got stationed at Nellis. I don't know of the Las Vegas Rod and Gun Club but I used to shoot at the Nellis Rod and Gun Club all the time. Loved driving out to the range and watching the planes fly overhead especially the F-22s. They would either fly over my car or I would time it so I could drive along side them as they land using the road that went from Area 1 to Area 2 of the base where the Gun Club was located. Nothing more American while going to the gun range and getting to see an F-22 Raptor buzz you while driving.
    I'm having to think back to the 70's, so may have been Nellis, or they changed the name since. I started out as a birdboy, so I was mostly interested in shotguns at the time. I lived close to Nellis AFB and used to be able to set my watch to the Thuderbirds.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    118472202_3941163739244119_7395859705100725232_n.jpg

And, welcome to TGT.

brix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    San Antonio
    it may not be that bad...my friend got his in the mail a few weeks ago and waited 2 weeks, 2 days...i am waiting for mine, 2 weeks and 2 days would be tuesday so hoping to get it next week some time :)

I'm going on week three since completing my paperwork. I am crossing my fingers, my instructor advised us that she was getting reports that it was taking the entire 60 days from students but that was out of the norm because of covid. Still a lot better than Las Vegas which took 120 days because the county Sheriff there was anit-gun and a jerk and way better than California because the CCW situation there is a mess, only the more conservative counties would issue which mine was not one of them. A lot of ass backward things going on over there.

brix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    San Antonio
    I'm having to think back to the 70's, so may have been Nellis, or they changed the name since. I started out as a birdboy, so I was mostly interested in shotguns at the time. I lived close to Nellis AFB and used to be able to set my watch to the Thuderbirds.

Yeah its probably the same club, the one at Nellis has been around for a long time and has a huge trap section next to the clubhouse.

Top Bottom