• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    I have plenty of arm strength. I just don't have much grip strength. I need to use my thumb instead of my palm in order to have enough grip strength.

I bought myself one of those grip strengtheners. So, hopefully, I'll soon have a halfway decent grip.
    Target Sports

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I bought a couple of those 81s, and one is pretty easy to rack, the other a bit harder.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    So rather than clutter-up the thread on Loving 32ACP pistols, I thought that I would start a new one.

The Beretta 81 7.65/32ACP Italian Law Enforcement turn-ins are available from several different online retailers. Prices vary. One of the forum sponsors has them listed for sale as well.

I opted for one listed as Good to Very Good Surplus condition. While at it, the Zastava M70 32ACP was also on sale. I figured "in for a penny, in for a pound" and bought one of each.

Holy Spumoni, the Beretta appears to be in unissued condition without even any apparent holster wear! And for the price the M70 was in Good or Better condition.

All in all, very pleased. Now off to the range to try them out.

I bought the exact same two handguns. I have no experience with the 32ACP. Still need to shoot them both. The Beretta is a very nice little pistol!

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I have the Zastava M70 as well. One big problem though about it. Recoil and magazine springs are not available anywhere for it so once either spring gives out the pistol will not reliably fire. Every now and then I search for these springs but I can't find them anywhere. I even tried contacting Zastava Arms directly for assistance with finding them but they never bothered to respond back to me.

This pistol taught me the lesson to always check for a reliable source(s) for replacement consumable parts before buying any firearm.
    Not a problem, buy another, take out the parts you want to keep and sell the rest. I just ordered two of them from RGuns (damn what I do during bouts of occasional insomnia). They each come with a spare magazine, holster and cleaning brush. They are supposedly new and unissued, old stock. Time will tell how new they appear to be.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I have the Zastava M70 as well. One big problem though about it. Recoil and magazine springs are not available anywhere for it so once either spring gives out the pistol will not reliably fire. Every now and then I search for these springs but I can't find them anywhere. I even tried contacting Zastava Arms directly for assistance with finding them but they never bothered to respond back to me.

This pistol taught me the lesson to always check for a reliable source(s) for replacement consumable parts before buying any firearm.
    Extra OEM magazines are available on GunBroker.com at: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/853531662
    More expensive than just magazine springs but probably worth the investment. I just ordered four of them.

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Geco Stuff?
    Is that the ammo that changes color or the one that sells insurance?
    Tokay_gecko_@Vnm.jpg

Attachments

• Tokay_gecko_@Vnm.jpg
      Tokay_gecko_@Vnm.jpg
      106.2 KB · Views: 519
    Top Bottom