• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gravity1015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Just moved here a month ago. In Louisiana I was a long-time member of Bayou Shooter Forums. I posted there a bit and made a few buys/sells there. USMC Vet from back in the day, worked in law enforcement a bit and a few other places. I will be shooting here, probably training as well. Keeping the saw sharp helps when you need to cut wood.

Looks like you got a nice place here.

Semper Fi,

Gravity

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    the range map is very helpful.
    I don't think every linked range is shown on the map. The member who was updating the map hasn't been around for over a year. However, I don't know of any new facilities close to your zip code so the point's probably moot.

Just a note - If you're planning on looking for a club membership, Bayou Rifles is closest to you. It's a pretty traditional place. If you're looking for a club with looser rules, you'll have to travel further out.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just moved here a month ago. In Louisiana I was a long-time member of Bayou Shooter Forums. I posted there a bit and made a few buys/sells there. USMC Vet from back in the day, worked in law enforcement a bit and a few other places. I will be shooting here, probably training as well. Keeping the saw sharp helps when you need to cut wood.

Looks like you got a nice place here.

Semper Fi,

Gravity
    "Bayou shooter" was taken over by a bunch of real idiots years back which ruined it. This site is much, much better. No intimidation from Mods here.

I have spent years in Houston, several times in life. As quality of life in most Louisiana cities has declined, H-town has improved despite mega-growth.

First off, cost of living is lower. Second, it is much easier to travel and to get things done.

It is a good idea to learn your area's high-traffic times and how to avoid them.

I wish to Hell that I'd still be in Houston!

I didn't participate in local shooting, as I'm a long-time member of a small town range about an hour to the SW out off US59.

Oh, REAL "Cajun Food"is only available at the two Floyd's locations still run by the original guy: NASA RD 1 @ Gulf FWY, and the new one at Sugar Land near where HWY 6 crosses US59 SW FWY.

leVieux
    Saint Martin Parish, LA

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    "
    Oh, REAL "Cajun Food"is only available at the two Floyd's locations still run by the original guy: NASA RD 1 @ Gulf FWY, and the new one at Sugar Land near where HWY 6 crosses US59 SW FWY.

Saint Martin Parish, LA

Yep, although haven't been there for a while, Floyd's was about as close as it gets to the real thing in Texas last time I went ... pas mal.
    Taso and andouille for the cook are available at Hebert's Specialty Meat at two locations, although never been a big fan of Hebert's andouille, better than none if you need it fast.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, although haven't been there for a while, Floyd's was about as close as it gets to the real thing in Texas last time I went ... pas mal.
    Taso and andouille for the cook are available at Hebert's Specialty Meat at two locations, although never been a big fan of Hebert's andouille, better than none if you need it fast.
    We found the Hebert's on Richmond or Alabama to be virtually useless. Very good fresh-daily Cajun boudin is available at "Robert's Market" in western Orange, Texas. leVieux

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    Semper Fi, Brother. My “back in the day” was ‘88-‘92.

I lived in different parts of Louisiana in my life. We moved to the Houston area from LA in 2009.

Top Bottom