• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • REM1875

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2019
    Clay County TX
    Been lurking a year it looks like ...... I am a little, old, happily married to a most wonderful lady, man ....... Retired military with a colorful career, Not a combat vet, been reloading since the mid 70's and still have a lot to learn. My health has slowed down my shooting and reloading a lot. (sadly my poor health has ended my casting days) I have a range in my back yard .... I live in a very rural part of Clay County .... Oh and I am very, very conservative ....... We have 6 large Dogs (80 to 160 lbs) ---3 Dawgies and 3 hounds .....they make our life rich and exciting .......
    I have several brothers, 2 Retired military and one vet, but one brother and I even served in the same unit together for awhile and it was a lot of fun (he is my partner in crime) ...... My dear departed dad and his twin were Marines in WWII who served together on several Pacific Islands and Okinawa and my great uncles served together in the trenches in WWI (one is buried still in France)

I like the old, the obscure, and the obsolete .....(kinda like me) I like 45-70 and 410 in a revolver. 44-40, 38-40 and 32-20 are favorites (not into cowboy shooting as I started shooting and reloading these before that craze hit ...... sadly ......but I have benefited from it) Last count is we have reloaded over 60 different calibers. I am basically a wheel gunner but like Quigley I didn't say I didn't know how to use the rest.
    Today's dream is finding loads for the (one of about 20 names for it) 30 Long French MAS pistol. (it's a lot easier buying brass from Starline than the old way of making 32 S&W into em with a drill motor, a file and a hacksaw) I also love the 327 Federal.
    I guess a good way to describe me is I put off buying a 30-30 for about 50 years till recently when I bought a pump 30-30 and a bolt action 30-30 ( we have several 30 Rems, 35 Rems and several 32 WS so we didn't need a 30-30 , as a matter of fact I made most of my 32 Winchester Spl out of 30-30....) I have been debating on an AR type rifle for about just as long (just not sure they ain't some flash in the pan gimmick ..... here today and gone tomorrow.) That doesn't mean I don't have 223/5.56 .......... I am a econo"miser" ..... heavy on the miser part.
    I am here to continue learning .....
    God, Family, Country and guns .......

P.S. I don't own a Glock and have rarely fired them........... I like iron/steel....... a lot....... (old fashioned coot)

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Welcome aboard, I like that part of world and have spent a fair amount of time there.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom