I like it better than the original.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Way better. I held off getting a 365 but it is time my 320 gets a little brother.
    I like it. Have been trying to convince my wife she needs to replace her Glock 42 .380 with one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Those sights are funky

They’re similar to the sights on a S&W 681/68-1. Takes little getting used to, but really no difference from some of the all black U-notch rear sights today.

What I like about them is the ease of front sight focus; what I dislike is accuracy suffers, but it does the job just fine for the intended purpose of putting a handful of rounds center mass.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    They’re similar to the sights on a S&W 681/68-1. Takes little getting used to, but really no difference from some of the all black U-notch rear sights today.

What I like about them is the ease of front sight focus; what I dislike is accuracy suffers, but it does the job just fine for the intended purpose of putting a handful of rounds center mass.

Just not what I'm interested in. I like the ported barrel.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos

I got the email from Sig this morning and looked up that sight. I assume from what you're saying, it would basically cover up what you're shooting at? I've had some pistol sights like that and never got comfortable with them.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I got the email from Sig this morning and looked up that sight. I assume from what you're saying, it would basically cover up what you're shooting at? I've had some pistol sights like that and never got comfortable with them.

I think this is a variation of what used to be called a combat sight.

It’s not a bullseye or target site. It does take some getting used to, but can be just as accurate at close ranges as any other site. That is, for most use cases, the shooter is the limiting factor.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I think this is a variation of what used to be called a combat sight.

It’s not a bullseye or target site. It does take some getting used to, but can be just as accurate at close ranges as any other site. That is, for most use cases, the shooter is the limiting factor.

The question is, when its up close and personal, are you really going to use sights? Should you? I say no, but i know quite a few people who would disagree

While it (the sights) can be made to work, its a good clue that they never catch on

I also would not want a ported defensive pistol.

But it does the job sig wants it to do, give them yet another SKU

para_bellum

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 29, 2019
    Dripping Springs, TX
    I like it! I already have one and likely won't replace it, however.

In a situation where you're going to need this gun the front sight is going to matter most. Assuming you've kept up with your training...

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Which sig model is the little pocket 9mm (1911 like) with hammer and safety? Shot one, kinda neat and was accurate.

mamboloco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    DFW
    I got a chance to handle a SAS version today, the gree optic sight is cool but harder to aquire. maybe with practice you can present the gun on target.

it also has front barrel ports!

zaitcev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2019
    Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
    I am somewhat cautious about P365 SAS for a couple of reasons.

Reason #1 is that a big advantage of the reflex sight on a pistol is that it removes one of the fundamentals of the marksmanship. As we all know, you have to have sight picture, sight alignment, and trigger control. Well, with the reflex sight you don't need to have the sights aligned. If the dot is on target, that's where the bullets go. So, you can shoot whenever the gun returns to your sight box. But the FT sight on P365 SAS has the same alignment requirement that iron sights do. So it's not actually any better than iron sights: the only upside is the smooth top of the gun.

Reason #2 has to do with the history of the FT Bullseye sight before SIG started OEM them. Mepro is known for their quality, in particular with Meprolight sight. However, the FT Bullseye was plagued by rust and reliability issues. Sweat gets into the gap between the sight and the slide and eats even through the slide finish. Also, the sight tends to break pipes. The are not straight, so part of the recoil force goes across the fiber, breaking it. When that happens, a part of the green bullseye goes dark.

But here's a thing. A typical red dot installation retains the irons, so you can use them for backup. But if the main sight on P365 SAS fails, it's curtains.

I'm not saying that the concept has no merits, but vis-a-vis a reflex sight, I'd rather have a RMSc Shield than FT Bullseye. It may be better than irons, depending if Mepro and SIG manage to fix the durability problems.

As far as the sights obscuring the target, it's in the grand SIG tradition of sights. It's the company that has unnecessarily wide rear sights on P320, you know. Your only hope is for SIG to regulate the FT Bullseye on P365 SAS for a 6 o'clock hold.

Top Bottom