• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I went over there today about 3:30... They were really busy! I asked the guy over by the rental counter about signing up to be a member and he pointed me over to this old fella. Dude was hard of hearing and didn't really seemed interested in talking to me. I started asking him about their range rules and he said you have to have a one to two second pause between shots. I a bit annoyed by these first two people I talked to, so I told him "well that doesn't work for me" and started walking out.

Two guys intercepted me to see what was wrong. After explaining to them that I normally shoot 2 to 3 shots per second they essentially said that was fine and gave me a card for free range time. I'll try to go tomorrow to try out their range. If they kick me out I'm definitely not signing up for a membership :laughing:
    DK Firearms

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    They told me that as long as they can see you are proficient at shooting, you can double/triple tap all you want. I have yet to test this out though.
    Yeah I think that guy should probably just not be in a customer facing role :green:
    I've been told to slow down at Reds and Eagle Peak, tho. That pisses me off, especially when they can see the grouping is still good. Shady Oaks and The Range have been good. They are just too far away for me to frequent.

yellowg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Pflugerville, Texas
    Unless Red’s changes their range pricing structure to compete, they’re in deep trouble.

I hate that Red’s has inadequate ventilation, is hot as hell during the summer and charges as much as they do for range time. All of those were addressed by SPB.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yeah I think that guy should probably just not be in a customer facing role :green:
    I've been told to slow down at Reds and Eagle Peak, tho. That pisses me off, especially when they can see the grouping is still good. Shady Oaks and The Range have been good. They are just too far away for me to frequent.
    I suspect he made a snap judgement based on your appearance( he would be completely incorrect, but hey, old range nazis, whatareyagonnado?) and decided that this hippie doesn’t know fuckall about shooting so he gave you the “ 2 seconds between shots bullshit”
    Glad to see that the people he answers to have better sense!;)

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Well they didn't tell me to slow down. I wasn't shooting as well as I do sometimes, tho. Haven't really shot in months... I was ripping pretty good with my .22, however. We'll see if they hassle me after I've been going twice a week for a month and get better.

All the staff were nice and friendly today. They are all pretty new and don't quite know how their systems work. I had reserved a slot online and it took them awhile to figure out how to pull up the reservation, but it all got sorted.

This is about 150 rounds of 9mm and 400 rounds of .22.
    49648481523_5fbce5bf06_c.jpg

Attachments

• 49648481523_5fbce5bf06_c.jpg
      49648481523_5fbce5bf06_c.jpg
      86.3 KB · Views: 651

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    :laughing: dude in the next lane actually offered me a new target... I find it satisfying to completely shoot out a target. Besides once I get a little hole going it gives me a smaller point to aim at.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Well they didn't tell me to slow down. I wasn't shooting as well as I do sometimes, tho. Haven't really shot in months... I was ripping pretty good with my .22, however. We'll see if they hassle me after I've been going twice a week for a month and get better.

All the staff were nice and friendly today. They are all pretty new and don't quite know how their systems work. I had reserved a slot online and it took them awhile to figure out how to pull up the reservation, but it all got sorted.

This is about 150 rounds of 9mm and 400 rounds of .22.
    View attachment 204624
    I can do that at FIVE yards!!! What was your distance ????? :)

MikeyJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Tomball
    This thread isn't what I thought it was about...

royalty-free-rf-slingshot-clipart-illustration-by-toonaday-stock-sample-1082969.jpg

Attachments

• royalty-free-rf-slingshot-clipart-illustration-by-toonaday-stock-sample-1082969.jpg
      royalty-free-rf-slingshot-clipart-illustration-by-toonaday-stock-sample-1082969.jpg
      95.4 KB · Views: 407
    Top Bottom