• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Sold My FAL, when I moved here. The empty space in the gun locker is calling to me. When I finish my 10/22 project I will be looking for a new rifle. Considering a Galil (golani)(would do the mod to use M16 mags) in 5.56, or a ak-74 (mostly for the very cheap ammo). Any place around Houston that carry either?
    Capitol Armory ad

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    golani = no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

Buy a US reciever and build an SAR or a Micro from a kit. Please, stay away from Century Golanis. I've owned several Century AK's, Cetme's and G3's and have had mostly good rifles, fit and finish always suck, but they were all functional. I've seen and handled WAAAAAAAY too many poorly assembled Century products. Fixing headspacing by grinding bolts, lack of heat treatment on recievers, their terrible heat absorbing baked on laquers sprayed over [used to be]adjustable sights, etc. They aren't all bad, I've got a Cetme that I love to death, accurate, fun to shoot and totally functional, but it took a TON of work to get it there. Please don't support Century unless you just have to.

Now, proud Century owners, flame on.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I have had a few century rifle, a Garand, and the Fal lower was century. Not the best brand but not the worst either. Traded the garand for a brand new ruger M77 MKII this past spring. I'll be checking around the local shops to see whats around.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Thanks for the info Sgt. gonna pick up a 5.45x39 saiga in spring time. And have the Elk river people do the conversion, I'll contact the info you gave me then.

Top Bottom