• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    The new Walmart opened today. They didn't sell guns, so I went to check out the ammo. The guy next to me noticed that 500 rd boxes of Federal Lightning .22lr ammo was marked at $1.97. (normally $19.70) I told the clerk that I wanted 2 boxes, the other guy took 2 boxes and a 3rd guy grabbed the last 2 boxes. The manager lady seemed ticked off about the screw up. I was disappointed that they didn't sell guns, but I'm glad I went for the 90% discount on .22 ammo.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I was hoping they would sell guns too. Oh well, at least I can get ammo locally now. :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    If you knew it was wrongly labeled and bought it anyway, that constitutes theft!

You have no right to rip someone off, even if it is Wal-Mart.

Good night.

Sleep well.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you knew it was wrongly labeled and bought it anyway, that constitutes theft!

Good night.

Sleep well.

How is it theft if they mark it at that price. It constitutes nothing but their(walmarts) mistake. Get off your high horse.

Theft.. really

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County

Good night.

Sleep well.

I told them the shelf was mislabeled when I bought it. They could have refused to sell. They didn't, so I bought it.

How is that theft?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I told them the shelf was mislabeled when I bought it. They could have refused to sell. They didn't, so I bought it.

How is that theft?

It's a sting operation! They probably wanna track the ammo to see if you take it to mexico. Don't worry, with their track record you probably lost'em before you left the store

My only problem with you actions is that you didn't offer to sell me one of your boxes for $5.

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown

Good night.

Sleep well.

Why would you call someone a thief for taking advantage of large company's mistake? Large companies like Walmart make mistakes all of the time. Would you call them thieves for overpricing an item by mistake?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    IMO, had the OP said nothing and just bought the ammo, yeah - morally, he'd be off-base. As it was, he advised them of the error, and THEY CHOSE TO SELL IT AT THE POSTED PRICE. THEY took the "high ground" by accepting their mistake and honoring the price.

I see no wrong-doing on either side here....

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I won't go that far, because I assume competence, if the checker can't tell a box of ammo shouldn't be 2 bucks, then they're incompetent, and that is Wally world's fault...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I won't go that far, because I assume competence, if the checker can't tell a box of ammo shouldn't be 2 bucks, then they're incompetent, and that is Wally world's fault...

Gotta disagree there....if YOU know the difference and they don't, then you are taking unfair advantage IMO, which borders on theft. Not everyone can know everything about what's stocked in a store, nor should they. Having said that, I've brought errors up to clerks before that could care less - at that point, I feel I've done my duty.

Top Bottom