• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dickttx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I have been scouting out gunshops in the area, and yesterday I went to a town about 30 miles from where I live, but almost never have occasion to go there.
    Pretty much a dud, but, I walked into a downtown pawn and asked it they had any guns. The guy said down a couple of counters.
    Didn't see anything too interesting till I looked in the corner of the bottom shelf.
    Didn't know anything about them, but there was a High Standard Sport-King with both a 4 1/2 and a 6 3/4 barrels. Made an offer of $400 OTD, he whispered to the manager a few seconds and said OK. Brought it home and ran swabs thru the barrels and shot 50 rounds thru each barrell. Grouped better than my 617, 10 shot.
    Did a search and found that it was made in 1951/1953 range.
    Did a field strip and cleaned what I could last nite, then put another 50 thru each barrel this morning. Very nice trigger. A little creep, than bam. I need to find instructions on how to take it completely down, still a lot og grunge.
    Holster wear on both barrels and one side of the slide, but not bad, Just a couple of very small chips in the plastic grips.
    I have never had a .22 auto before. I am going to like it.
    Only reference so far is GB. About the same as I paid, or a little less, for either the 4 1/2 of 6 3/4 barrel, but only one listed with both barrels. It is nicer than mine and has the box and all documents it came with. Wanting $695 for it.
    Venture Surplus ad

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    Okay, I'm confused....if you're trying to sell it, you're in the wrong cat....

I don't think he is trying to sell it. I believe he means that the only two barrel High Standard he has found to compare his Sport King to was a model GB that was selling for $695.

$400 was a good buy...........now show us pictures!;)

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    The sport king is a god one....I got a first edition a while back with both barrels.... one of the barrels was still in the original brown paper.
    I think I paid <$300 no papers.... Looks nice next to the citation.

dickttx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Fort Worth
    The short barrel on mine doesn't want to feed or fire anything I have tried to put thru it. However, the long barrel likes Federal 550 bulk real well. The trigger is very good. Really like shooting it. Between it and my S&W 617, I like the one I am currently shooting the best.
    I recently addid a speed loader and 100 round block for the 617. It is now much faster to load now.

Top Bottom