• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Great, another promoter trying to get into the gun show biz. Didn't Liberty and Texas Gun Shows convince everyone that the market is already saturated with SAXET and Premier?

I suspect this will be a 100-200 table event at best, with more than its fair share of jerky vendors and other non-gun-related junk. If I am not mistaken, this venue was a bowling alley at one point (or maybe a dance hall); and not in the best of neighborhoods (I used to go to a patch show at the VFW just up the road). The mobile home park right south of it isn't the best indicator.

Actually, Premier was considering this venue but passed. That should tell you something about it...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I count 248 off their floorplan but my eyes went a little buggy counting so i could be off.

Yeah, but how many are actually going to be filled by guns and accessories?

Sorry, I've wasted too much time and money at these fledgling shows. I don't see them pulling any vendors that don't already go to SAXET and/or Premier.

And, as far as attendance, many vendors I know are already complaining about the shows they are already supporting. I don't know what your experiences have been, but I know a few that are having a hard time breaking even much less making any kind of profit. Considering it pretty much kills 8+ hours on both days, I don't see much incentive to go to a smaller show where the chances of making any money are even slimmer than the larger events.

Still, all of the above is mostly speculative based on my previous experiences. I wish I could be more optimistic about it, but knowing what the local market is like I can't really see getting excited when I know there isn't much hope that it'll be lucrative...

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    the place is right behind the fire station, it did used to be a bowling alley. The last show that was there was perty bad, there were very few tables there. But hey, ya never know. When is it supposed to take place Bigun?

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    On the other hand, parking is free.

This show popped up about two years ago, just after I suffered a massive cerebral stroke and was hospitalized.

Since it was a "gun show," I crawled out of my hospital bed, hailed a cab, and attempted to enter the premises.

They wanted a "cover charge" and would not let me enter with the I.V. Tree attached to my arm.

It is an old bowling alley, and probably has no room for more than fifty tables.

It is what it is.

Be well.

TexbyChoice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Are there any small town gun shows outside the SA metro area? In a couple other States found by far the most interesting guns for sale and best deals at small town shows. Have yet to find small town shows in Texas.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Are there any small town gun shows outside the SA metro area? In a couple other States found by far the most interesting guns for sale and best deals at small town shows. Have yet to find small town shows in Texas.

There are many of them, but we have yet to find any worth the time or effort. Castroville had one a few months back, and even then we were in and out in less than fifteen minutes.

We've gone as far as Kerrville to hit a show, and as far north as Killeen; but have never any really good shows. Maybe if there weren't these bigger shows in San Antonio they might be of interest; but I think they draw in the best vendors and deals...

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    There are many of them, but we have yet to find any worth the time or effort. Castroville had one a few months back, and even then we were in and out in less than fifteen minutes.

We've gone as far as Kerrville to hit a show, and as far north as Killeen; but have never any really good shows. Maybe if there weren't these bigger shows in San Antonio they might be of interest; but I think they draw in the best vendors and deals...

ya gunna have to pass on this one. actually the volume at the last 3 shows @ Saxet and Premier lately have me doubting the merit of showing up.

Buck Nekkid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    San Antonio
    I've started a small business, not really gun related per se, but definitely "gun guy" appropriate. Would you chance doing this show? If not, then which of the others would you suggest for the best bang for my vendor dollar as a new start up business? Thanks!

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    I've started a small business, not really gun related per se, but definitely "gun guy" appropriate. Would you chance doing this show? If not, then which of the others would you suggest for the best bang for my vendor dollar as a new start up business? Thanks!

I'm in a wait see pattern. I can't afford to attend any more low volume shows. PS, way too many non gun related vendors as previously mentioned so keep that in mind. most people are looking for guns and accessories.

Buck Nekkid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    San Antonio
    Thanks for the input. As you say, most are looking for guns and ammo. That being said, most walk out having only purchased a bag of jerky or a couple boxes of .22LR. So perhaps they might also walk out with some of my "gun guy" products. So which show in SA would be best for my start up? SAXET, Premier, ??

Thanks so much!

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Thanks for the input. As you say, most are looking for guns and ammo. That being said, most walk out having only purchased a bag of jerky or a couple boxes of .22LR. So perhaps they might also walk out with some of my "gun guy" products. So which show in SA would be best for my start up? SAXET, Premier, ??

Thanks so much!

never said ammo ! ammo @ gun shows is a non starter IMO. It's a inconvenience item for some, but not most if you find items at non-gouge pricing. I can find all ammo I need, online or at wallfart for significantly less than @ the shows shipped to my doorstep. Not knowing what your gun guy products are, can't say. General consensus is there's too much fluff at shows lately. PM me and we can discuss.

Buck Nekkid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    San Antonio
    This may be an interesting show. I looked into being a vendor at the recent SAXET show and found that they are sold out through at least the end of the year. I'm on their waiting list, but not too hopeful. So...perhaps this will work out for the small business guy who can't get into SAXET, etc.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom