• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    Looking at buying a new 336 Dark in 30-30. Does anyone have any first hand experience with them? I understand they are owned or produced by Ruger. I love my Ruger products.
    I have a JM stamp I’m considering selling for the newer model. mine is too pretty for a truck gun and I like the look of the dark series.
    thanks

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I have a JM stamp I’m considering selling for the newer model. mine is too pretty for a truck gun and I like the look of the dark series.
    thanks
    Blasphemy!

Seriously though. The Rugers are okay, much better than the early Remington made Marlins, but IMO they still aren't on par with the old JM Marlins. I'm not just saying that from second hand experience either. I had the new Marlin 1895 SBL. Had extraction issues with it. Traded it off.

Keep the JM and buy the new one. If you like it enough, then sell off the JM. You may want to have that JM back if you sell it for the new one.

Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    With prices these days, I need charge a premium price for the JM model, to get close to the asking price of the new crap :(

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    With prices these days, I need charge a premium price for the JM model, to get close to the asking price of the new crap :(
    Deck out that old JM with some new tacticool furniture. You could essentially make it into a Marlin Dark with the exception of a threaded barrel. Keep the orginal wood for a rainy day.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Deck out that old JM with some new tacticool furniture.
    proud-touched.gif

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I ran into a Ruger guy at lunch at the NRA convention and asked him about the Marlin acquisition. He said that Marlin has exceeded all of their expectations and is a solid part of the company. After talking with him I stopped by the Marlin booth and it was packed with people trying the new lever actions. I played with a few myself and was impressed.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Looking at buying a new 336 Dark in 30-30. Does anyone have any first hand experience with them? I understand they are owned or produced by Ruger. I love my Ruger products.
    thanks
    Are the Dark Series more available now? Last few I have seen were $3k because there was no supply.

I wanted the 45-70 but prices and availability slowed me down. Found a deal on a similar Henry so picked it up.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    thanks
    I have the Dark 336 from Remlin. Remlin seemed to have all the bugs worked out then went bankrupt. Everything I have heard about the Rugerlins has been very positive.

Suppress it is my only advice.

Dingo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2021
    DFW
    Are the Dark Series more available now? Last few I have seen were $3k because there was no supply.

I wanted the 45-70 but prices and availability slowed me down. Found a deal on a similar Henry so picked it up.
    i found several on PSA, in both 45-70 and 30-30, not necessarily dark versions

Top Bottom