• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Well since firearms and ammo is going nuts now I have decided to start that knife hobby that I have been always interested in but never really did much with until now.

Here is the first really nice knife I just got in. It's the Gil Hibben III Fighter Knife. It's the same type of one he made for the movie Rambo III. I did not want to pay extra for the Rambo III themed one but I really like the ergonomics and style so I got the standard one. I am very satisfied with the quality and build of this knife and I feel it would be a good self-defense knife if needed for that.

H3.JPG
    ARJ Defense ad

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I like daggers and this knife has that arrangement but it is a bit larger than most daggers. This is the S-TEC model T22010 that I just got in. Holding it is not as comfortable as some other knives as its G10 synthetic handle does not have rounded edges but it gets the job done.

T22010.JPG

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    This is an affordable basic dagger that I got and I was surprised at its quality. It's the MTech MT-20-03 and its a great looking and solid knife. It has a nicely formed wood handle and the blade is not bad.

MT-20-03.JPG

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Push daggers intrigue me but most of them have small blades so I went searching for one with a lot longer blade and found this one called the Timber Wolf Magnum. While it is not as finely crafted as some of the other daggers it is built like a tank and can certainly take care of business if needed. I like the concept of a long bladed push dagger and for now, this seems to be the only one available.

TIMBER WOLF MAGNUM.JPG

Last edited:

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    I only have 2 knives right now. I had a bunch more, but i felt like they didn’t get used so they were either gifted or sold. The 2 that stayed were a benchmade 940-1 and a benchmade cf-elite bugout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Very nice blades!!

These are my four favorites for EDC with it really boiling down to two main EDC...I've got others too...

1 - Gerber Auto 06 Tanto (2nd fave)
    2 - Benchmade Griptilian (flipper)
    3 - Microtech Ultratech (absolute favorite)
    4 - Boker Mini (auto)

Knives1.jpg

Knives2.jpg

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    With any knife, the steel is what makes it special. Those low-priced knives use Chinese copies of 440A steel - easy to machine, very good corrosion resistance, and basically what you find in dinnerware. Quality knives will use steels like 1085, O1, D2, 5160, CPM-154, S30V. If the knife is just going to hang on the wall or sit in a display case, it doesn't matter what its made of. If you're happy with a knife, that's all that matters. However, if you are going to buy a knife that you might have to depend on, pay close attention to the steel.

A friend made a knife for a soldier serving in Afghanistan out of 5160 (which used to be used in car and truck springs). One day it chopped a hole in an 8 inch adobe wall for a gun port. Two days later it was used to skin a goat (after two Special Forces guys struggled with their issue knives.) Deciding that knife was a bit too heavy, the soldier had another friend of mine make a push knife out of O1 (commonly used in down-hole oil drilling). It turned out to be perfect for taking the hinges off of doors. My friend tested it by chopping through 2x4s. I had him make one for a neighbor's kid who became a Marine sniper. He beat the hell out of it, but the blade was intact. Took me 2 days to re-sharpen it for him. Quality comes with a price tag, but if you depend upon it, it's worth every penny.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    I am digging that mini Boker.
    Where did you get it?

Right here, the one I have is the 1st one listed (top left, with the D2 blade), there are other variants too. So, the Autos are converted to Autos with a spring (already done).

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    With any knife, the steel is what makes it special. Those low-priced knives use Chinese copies of 440A steel - easy to machine, very good corrosion resistance, and basically what you find in dinnerware. Quality knives will use steels like 1085, O1, D2, 5160, CPM-154, S30V. If the knife is just going to hang on the wall or sit in a display case, it doesn't matter what its made of. If you're happy with a knife, that's all that matters. However, if you are going to buy a knife that you might have to depend on, pay close attention to the steel.

A friend made a knife for a soldier serving in Afghanistan out of 5160 (which used to be used in car and truck springs). One day it chopped a hole in an 8 inch adobe wall for a gun port. Two days later it was used to skin a goat (after two Special Forces guys struggled with their issue knives.) Deciding that knife was a bit too heavy, the soldier had another friend of mine make a push knife out of O1 (commonly used in down-hole oil drilling). It turned out to be perfect for taking the hinges off of doors. My friend tested it by chopping through 2x4s. I had him make one for a neighbor's kid who became a Marine sniper. He beat the hell out of it, but the blade was intact. Took me 2 days to re-sharpen it for him. Quality comes with a price tag, but if you depend upon it, it's worth every penny.

I'd be interested in seeing these if you have any pictures you can share.

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    The top one is is my EDC that my lovely bride bought for me, a long time ago at a Friends of the NRA dinner.
    The middle one is a long sought for replacement for the one that airport "security" took away from me when boarding. (Note: This was long before 9/11 and the TSA. I had flown with it numerous times before on my belt in it's case. Had I not been on government travel, fifteen minutes from departure, I'd have passed on the flight. I regret there was nothing substantial to use in the boarding area, otherwise I'd have snapped the blade and given the goons two pieces.)
    The bottom one is my own creation, the last one I made, some twenty years ago. Somewhat embarrassed I didn't take the time to take it to the buffer for the brass. 440C and heat treated by Paul Bos.

1612375801498.png

Top Bottom