Target Sports

Last edited:

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    My fist Kimber and this thing sucks. Trigger is heavy as hell, 400 rounds in and the slide action is still rough as sand paper and 2 of the bushings for the grip screws have come loose and that super cheap plastic back strap completely sux! Sooo off to the smith it has gone. The initial purchase + my pick list…going straight for a Dan Wesson Pointman or a Gold Cup Trophy would have been cheaper. I swear the $450 Para GI Expert I got from Academy was twice the quality out of the box.

edit: Even the magazine sux, the follower twists and gets hung up.
    your first mistake was buying a kimber.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    I'm afraid to ask how much $ you got tied-up in it now.
    It sure looks good. I'm curious what the range report will be...
    I’m too embarrassed to say, was blinded by turd anger when I made my list of wants. I could have bought a high end Les Baer or STI. Hopefully this unit will perform like one of those.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    I’m too embarrassed to say, was blinded by turd anger when I made my list of wants. I could have bought a high end Les Baer or STI. Hopefully this unit will perform like one of those.
    I really like 1911s.
    My parents are no longer living, so I'm available for adoption.
    I really like 1911s.
    My parents are no longer living, so I'm available for adoption.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Eh, hope it meets your desires after it’s done, that’s all that really matters.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    k1.jpg

Trigger is nice and crisp. I have to find my scale to get the exact pull weight, but nice and light. Checkering on the front of mag well and main spring house go great with the wide G10 grips for an excellent and comfortable grip. The slide is silky smooth and it runs like a champ.

Warmed with 50 on a Silhouette prior to this round. This was consistent 10rd mags at each @ 12.5yd with varying times between shots.
    k2.jpg

The last run. Loaded the magazine with only five rounds and was jumping from target to target in a 1-2-3-4-5.
    About 1-2 seconds depending…as fast as I could reacquire sights at 10yds.
    k4.jpg

All in all I am very pleased!

Last edited:

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    View attachment 273762

Trigger is nice and crisp. I have find my scape to get the exact pull weight, but nice and light. Checkering on the front of mag well and main spring house go great with the wide G10 grips for an excellent and comfortable grip. The slide is silky smooth and it runs like a champ.

Warmed with 50 on a Silhouette prior to this round. This was consistent 10rd mags at each @ 12.5yd with varying times between shots.
    View attachment 273763

The last run. Loaded the magazine with only five rounds and was jumping from target to target in a 1-2-3-4-5.
    About 1-2 seconds depending…as fast as I could reacquire sights at 10yds.
    View attachment 273765

All in all I am very pleased!
    Glad it ended well for you

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    Ok, the comp is noticeable and nice & all but not “oh wow!” better. I think it would be best suited to a steel framed gun with more to offset the added weight on the tip of the *edit* slide. It definitely feels better with a full magazine. No stovepiping at all.

Last edited:
    Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Ok, the comp is noticeable and nice & all but not “oh wow!” better. I think it would be best suited to a steel framed gun with more to offset the added weight on the tip of the barrel. It definitely feels better with a full magazine. No stovepiping at all.
    Looks cool and thats all the matters :cool:

Top Bottom