• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alouisf02

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2021
    Tomball
    Finally bought a holster so I can carry my FS 4" PDP. Decided to deviate from my usual and went with a Phlster Pro. Pretty happy with it so far. Fits well and is comfortable sitting, even with the dad bod. Would recommend.
    Venture Surplus ad

Attachments

• 20220525_155244.jpg
      20220525_155244.jpg
      355.9 KB · Views: 79
    • 20220525_155412.jpg
      20220525_155412.jpg
      501.4 KB · Views: 76

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Finally bought a holster so I can carry my FS 4" PDP. Decided to deviate from my usual and went with a Phlster Pro. Pretty happy with it so far. Fits well and is comfortable sitting, even with the dad bod. Would recommend.

Did they finally make a 4" version, or is it only for the 5" still? I know the shorter guns will fit in the long muzzle holsters, but the extra inch of holster isn't necessarily comfortable or necessary with the 4" gun.

alouisf02

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2021
    Tomball
    Their pro holster fits all versions I believe. I carry my 4" PDP in it. The gun is shorter than the length of the holster. With the design of holster, it carries well with the extra length. For my body type, I actually prefer a longer holster versus a shorter one... One reason I've shyed away from getting a P365. I have a hard time carrying really small guns comfortably.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Their pro holster fits all versions I believe. I carry my 4" PDP in it. The gun is shorter than the length of the holster. With the design of holster, it carries well with the extra length. For my body type, I actually prefer a longer holster versus a shorter one... One reason I've shyed away from getting a P365. I have a hard time carrying really small guns comfortably.

Yeah so its still just the 5 inch model.

I don't carry dinky guns well either, but I don't think dinky guns actually carry well for anyone without a lot of extra material beyond the muzzle.

For me, 5 inches of barrel is not super comfortable. I have carried a gov't size 1911 AIWB for a short while, was not a super fan of that. Traditional hip carry with that was more comfortable.

4.5 inches is about the max I comfortably carry AIWB - that being a Glock 17 or similar sized pistol. 4 inches is perfect - I don't get muzzle pushing into sensitive areas when seated or bending over. I looked hard at the Pro Series, but when Phlster said they only make a 5 incher I passed and just made my own.

Then I added a light, and made a new one because I wasn't thrilled with the options for the PDP plus a TLR-7 for what they cost.

This is what I wound up making before the light addition:

u9PMqlE.jpg

And this is what I carry now with the light

az3jgCI.jpg

Both holsters should bolt right on to the appropriat Enigma when I get around to ordering one.

alouisf02

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2021
    Tomball
    Looks good! I like your holsters! I usually carry an ANR holster and they are set up very similarly to what you made. I like how deep they carry since I need the grip down low. I can carry my FNX45 with that set up and still be comfortable. I may still end up getting one and putting the Phlster on my enigma permanently. For now I just bolt it on and off when I want to carry and wear my gym shorts. That leg lanyard is going to be the death of me though. It always slides down. Ymmv.

alouisf02

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2021
    Tomball
    Maybe it's only the 4 and 4.5. I don't think there's another inch worth of room in there

Attachments

• 20220612_141723.jpg
      20220612_141723.jpg
      340.6 KB · Views: 50
    Top Bottom