• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireFox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2020
    Plano, TX
    Been a long time lurker. Finally decided to sign up.

Been living in TX for the last 30 years. Moved from Lousyanna. Reside in Plano. Love it here and need to keep Texas red.

New to guns. First time shooting a handgun was taking the qualification for a LTC . Only 17 days from getting everything submitted to license in hand.

Don't know what else to say, but, hi y'all!
    Texas SOT

FireFox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2020
    Plano, TX
    Welcome! Only 17 days? That's really fast to get your LTC.

Getting to being able to submit everything was a different story.

I started at the end of May.

LTC classes were a month wait (June 24th)

Fingerprinting in Plano is a 6 week wait (July 6th.)
    I had a few days off before class and ended up scheduling an appointment before class in Paris to get it done.

Like a dumbass I forget to sign my ltc-100 when I submitted it the 1st time. That took another week for the state to let me know.

Finally had everything submitted on July 3rd and had plastic in hand July 20th.

Not carrying as of yet. Need to practice, practice, practice and find a holster that fits

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    It's crazy, a Brother of mine just took his LTC class a few weeks ago. He, too, had to get fingerprinted somewhere other than the LTC class location. Afterward he had to manage the process just as it seems the OP has to manage. Being an old guy, I took my class back in 1996 and it was full service. All class and range work (more extensive for both back then, I think), photos, fingerprints, signed paperwork, and submission to the state by the end of the course. If it cost more money I can't remember, but I paid what they were asking and I think the service was worth it. Are there still similar "full service" LTC classes to be had? Or is there a reason why this can't be done any longer? Two data points peaks my interest. There has to be a market. If it cost me an extra $75.00 to save me from messing with all the rest - I'd pay it.

Top Bottom