New Guys Selling Guns

KJQ6945

Jul 31, 2020
Palestine
And 100 post minimum was just a number that popped up in my feeble mind ............. 50 would probably work to ward off folks that only wanted to sell or buy.
Peoples intentions can usually be figured out pretty quickly by the staff, and the members. What ever the number of required posts is, some people will try to skirt it. When you set the bar higher, they start resurrecting old threads for no good reason.
To me, it’s just a matter of deal with people you know.

easy rider

Fusion Educator
TGT Supporter
Jun 10, 2015
Odessa, Tx
And 100 post minimum was just a number that popped up in my feeble mind ............. 50 would probably work to ward off folks that only wanted to sell or buy.
I never really let it get to me. It doesn't usually take many posts to know what a persons intentions are. I think I'd rather have someone come here selling guns than causing trouble.

GeorgeS

Jul 7, 2018
San Antonio
I was referring to the legality of shipping firearms, not whether they were accepted by a particular common carrier.

Thousands of guns are shipped by UPS and FedEx every day; ask your LGS who delivers them to him/her.

smittyb

Well-Known
Nov 12, 2009
Cut N Shoot
I was referring to the legality of shipping firearms, not whether they were accepted by a particular common carrier.

Thousands of guns are shipped by UPS and FedEx every day; ask your LGS who delivers them to him/her.
:facepalm:
AND WE WERE SPECIFICALLY TALKING ABOUT SHIPPING PERSON TO PERSON.
Makes sense. I thought you can sell/ship guns in the same state without FFL.
Long guns only. No handguns without FFL.

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Jul 7, 2018
San Antonio
You're right. My initial post in this thread was about the legality of transfering a firearm to another unlicensed person. Whether in person or via shipment (intrastate), the legality stays the same.

Axxe55

Trophy Husband. Just Ask My Wife!
Dec 15, 2019
Somewhere....In Texas!
Peoples intentions can usually be figured out pretty quickly by the staff, and the members. What ever the number of required posts is, some people will try to skirt it. When you set the bar higher, they start resurrecting old threads for no good reason.
To me, it’s just a matter of deal with people you know.
I never really let it get to me. It doesn't usually take many posts to know what a persons intentions are. I think I'd rather have someone come here selling guns than causing trouble.
Also a member can pay for a membership and bypass the required 25 post rule that many forums have.

GP40X

Jan 1, 2021
League City, TX
Well, I'm a new member here and will not be selling anything for a while. Buying on the other hand will only be done face to face in the greater Houston/Galveston area.

tonelar

Aug 9, 2009
El Paso
so long as they’re following the rules- let ‘em post.

they might have wives they need to appease,

“look hun, i listed it. i dunno why no one’s buyin.”

Top Bottom