• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Hi all, I'm here looking for recommendations on solid trainers near(ish) the DFW area. I'm 36 and I love to tinker with guns. I started out, like most, with ARs. I then moved on to 1911s and finally found my building love in AKs. I've built out multiple AKs in various calibers but now I'm feeling the need to get training & meet people locally to shoot with. I'm hoping I can find some good resources here that have reviewed training programs/trainers in DFW. I'm looking forward to meeting you all and talking guns.
    Welcome aboard KCL.

New fellow Texans joining are a breath of fresh air.
    Do you know that your name stands for the "sum of all currents entering and exiting a node must equal zero"?

That being said, now that you are building AKs, you may find yourself getting into building STEN guns, and FALs... I wish you well, lol.

My days of stacking pennies in a press are done, but it's great to see that "homebuilding" hasn't died out. Just know that if you find yourself at Harbor Freight looking for large bolt cutters for modification to install rivets... while in line at the cash register please realize you are well into the sickness my friend.

Keep it up, have fun, and stay keen to 922(r).

_KCL__

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2023
    Ennis
    Welcome aboard KCL.

New fellow Texans joining are a breath of fresh air.
    Do you know that your name stands for the "sum of all currents entering and exiting a node must equal zero"?

That being said, now that you are building AKs, you may find yourself getting into building STEN guns, and FALs... I wish you well, lol.

My days of stacking pennies in a press are done, but it's great to see that "homebuilding" hasn't died out. Just know that if you find yourself at Harbor Freight looking for large bolt cutters for modification to install rivets... while in line at the cash register please realize you are well into the sickness my friend.

Keep it up, have fun, and stay keen to 922(r).
    BOSS - I got a bunch of Robert Forbus, Toth & AKB tools. Unfortunately for my wallet the disease took over awhile ago. My son (10) & I just wrapped a parts bin build for him last weekend. I think he's got the bug to build now, poor guy. I'd like to do a sten next, right now I've got a CETME kit waiting in line. As for the name... I had no clue, until @kbaxter60 brought it up. It's definitely just my initials, lol.

TraderJim75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2023
    San Antonio
    Hi all, I'm here looking for recommendations on solid trainers near(ish) the DFW area. I'm 36 and I love to tinker with guns. I started out, like most, with ARs. I then moved on to 1911s and finally found my building love in AKs. I've built out multiple AKs in various calibers but now I'm feeling the need to get training & meet people locally to shoot with. I'm hoping I can find some good resources here that have reviewed training programs/trainers in DFW. I'm looking forward to meeting you all and talking guns.
    Welcome!

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Welcome from a wide open space southwest of Fort Worth. I have no personal experience with DFWs training courses, but, one I've heard good things about is a bit of a hike (Greenville) is Critical Defense Group. Good luck in your search!

ETA: quick search shows some posts back in 2019 but nothing since. Web search shows they are still open and offering classes.

_KCL__

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2023
    Ennis
    Welcome from a wide open space southwest of Fort Worth. I have no personal experience with DFWs training courses, but, one I've heard good things about is a bit of a hike (Greenville) is Critical Defense Group. Good luck in your search!

ETA: quick search shows some posts back in 2019 but nothing since. Web search shows they are still open and offering classes.
    Thank you, il look into them. Right now I'm looking at attending Tigervalley Carbone 1 on the 18th.

Top Bottom