• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blueangel64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Spring
    Gonna be a new grandpa X2!! Yup! Twins!! Looking for recommendations on first rifles when they are old enough. Figured I’d get them now. Prices will only rise with time. Thinking 22lr. Ruger, Marlin, Savage, Ithaca??? Wood or composite? Bolt or semi-auto?? What say you? Thanks!
    Target Sports

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Ruger 10-22. single load Or Hand load each round from a blind magazine until they are old enough to be safe with a full magazine. Cut the stock down to fit and get a new one once they get big enough.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Gonna be a new grandpa X2!! Yup! Twins!! Looking for recommendations on first rifles when they are old enough. Figured I’d get them now. Prices will only rise with time. Thinking 22lr. Ruger, Marlin, Savage, Ithaca??? Wood or composite? Bolt or semi-auto?? What say you? Thanks!

You need 4. Two Crickets (they come in pink and blue) for starters, made for small people. Then 2 full size for when they grow up a bit. Ruger 10/22's would be a good choice. And 5k rounds of 22LR.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

Awesome news! We have a daughter with twin boys (will be two in Sept). They are a hoot.
    I was gonna say "bolt...wood", but the Henry suggestion is a great one. I love the Henry's (but don't own yet).

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    We have 2 crickets and one Savage rascal. The rascal gets the most use. My kids find it easier to load and more comfortable to shoot.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Bought a Cricket fir mine. Pink synthetic and black synthetic. They can shoot it sooner than many of the ones listed.

Top Bottom