• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Keep going OP.............one thing about dry firing.....

When I went through basic training back in 1987.....before we ever went to the live fire range, we practiced dry firing with our M16s. We were in the prone position and the DIs put a washer balanced on the barrel. The goal was to pull the trigger and maintain the washer balanced on the barrel. If you can master that, then you can hold your point of aim.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Please read my 2nd post..#11. I clarified my statement. I didn't think that some people would not clear their Glock, or any other weapon, before disassembling it. As I stated in post #11, I'll be more clear in any other post.

Thanks.

Pops,

Your simple miscommunication didn’t warrant the droning rant reply. As a simple Glock shooter, let me apologize.

I too have been “over educated” by a different “certified Glock trainer Armorer” on another forum who thought he had to enlighten me on the “Glock certified armorer training” he received when I made a post that the spell checker had incorrectly edited (not here).

Some folks love to over complicate an extremely simple, 20+ year old design that anyone with You Tube, basic mechanical skills, and a 3/32 punch can detail strip and reassemble in under an hour.

Rant over...

Last edited:

thomasmuller

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2021
    DFW
    Keep going OP.............one thing about dry firing.....

When I went through basic training back in 1987.....before we ever went to the live fire range, we practiced dry firing with our M16s. We were in the prone position and the DIs put a washer balanced on the barrel. The goal was to pull the trigger and maintain the washer balanced on the barrel. If you can master that, then you can hold your point of aim.

I like that, might give that a try!

JandK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2021
    Cherokee County
    Good shooting OP and definitely a marked improvement. I hope the gin bug bites you the future arguments with wife over guns will be fun. Keep records of her clothes and shoe buying or decorations for holidays. Those daily 30 plus dollar purchases add up lol. Kidding aside,dry fire practice helps immensely and balance a spent casing on front site blade really helps for a smooth trigger pull. It helped me alot and still do it. I was taught to shoot with one eye closed at 6 years old. At 12 I started competing in different disciplines and learned quick 2 eyes helps a lot particularly in action sports or hunting. Nothing can replace rounds down range though,reloading is also a great hobby and does save money plus furthers your skills.
    Reps and sets just like wieght lifting develops muscle memory which leads to accurately shooting and speed.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    these dudes can give you some decent drills to try too.
    i would also suggest practicing with your weak hand and arm jusr in caseyour strong side was injured or not able to use

Top Bottom