Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Pretty much states that alphabet agencies just can't make up laws as they go, all laws must go through congress and makes elected officials accountable for these agency's actions.

If only he passed this before the atf went after bumpstocks /sarcasm

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Why would he even bother two days before the inauguration. He hast to know that the next administration could just nullify it with the stroke of a pen. He actually released quite a few executive orders yesterday. Again I don’t understand why he would do this two days before the inauguration.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Why would he even bother two days before the inauguration. He hast to know that the next administration could just nullify it with the stroke of a pen. He actually released quite a few executive orders yesterday. Again I don’t understand why he would do this two days before the inauguration.
    I suspects it's so Biden will have to rescind those EO and yet again clearly define who he is and what he stands for. A redundant message to be sure.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    I honestly think he didn't even know the depths of the swamp and he's just messing with them as much as he can the more he sees...

plinkr

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    US
    Theater

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Pretty much states that alphabet agencies just can't make up laws as they go, all laws must go through congress and makes elected officials accountable for these agency's actions.

Let's be clear... this is about "rules" of Fed agencies. They have the effect of law, but Fed law is only passed by Congress.

So, rulemaking can be an arbitrary PITA, but is necessary for Fed depts to function. You can thank Congress for gifting us with depts and giving those depts power. Too bad the Trumpster didn't have the power to eliminate most of the Fed depts but only Congress can do that.

Last edited:

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    No, they don't. But this will give verifiable proof to those that care enough to look a bit. This could also be used in Trump's impeachment hearing/trial. When, or if, it actually happens.

Not that this will ever show up on CNN, etc.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I was elected to TWO terms on the Home Inspection Advisory Committee of the State of Oregon after a law was passed by Legislature at the behest/demand of the RE community to Certify and Regulate home inspectors. We were charged with creating the entire process to certify, the qualification criteria, and the rules/regulation under the authority given to the law by Legislature.

We had competing interests on a 9 person committee. The result was an ineffective hash-up that had to be changed later... twice. People are human, and humans generally suck. :frog:

IMO it's still not an effective program to ensure the public's interest, but it made the RE folks happy. Glad I'm retired.

Top Bottom